ADCK's Bulk Hauler problem [Solved]

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

ADCK's Bulk Hauler problem [Solved]

Post by ADCK »

Seems I'm also having docking issues.

On my new Super Bulk Hauler, the docking bay is visually in the right place, but flying through it kills me cause i fly into a wall... the docking bay is huge, so thats not the prob...

When using docking computers, my ship attempts to dock from the front of the ship, even though the dock is at the back of the ship.

If anyone wants to take a look at it, here's the beta:

http://www.box.net/shared/ek8q0gfevc

the ship in question is "adck-bulk-hauler"
Last edited by ADCK on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

at work so not had a look but the quote about the docking puters immediately makes me think you've modelled the dock w/ the hole at the back, rather than modelling the hole at the front and turning the dock w/ a quaternion (as per the other thread)?
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Correct on both counts, flipped the Z axis and mucked around with quarernomnomnoms... (damn long words, can't prnounce it let alone type it)

Am getting there slowly, at least it's on the right side now, just need to Get the "Y" axis and position done right this time.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

(The texture on the main hull is only temp)
Almost done! This has taken the better part of the day, just have to get that little angle problem fixed and lower it on the Y axis by about 2 units. At least it's dockable now.
Then I can finally start work on textureing it.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

And afterwards, you could have a look at pagroove's! ;)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Kaks wrote:
With what I've learned from doing all this today, I bet I could fix it :P I'm like a docking bay expert now hehe
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

ADCK wrote:
Kaks wrote:
With what I've learned from doing all this today, I bet I could fix it :P I'm like a docking bay expert now hehe
Cool.. docking bay experts are kinda scarce.. however..

You need to get a couple of station docks under your belt before you can claim that crown, I suspect.. from what I've read in old threads, they can be a whole 'nother level of headache.. all the same, well done.. I still can't wrap some of the concepts of quaternions around my fossilised brain cells...
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied