has anyone involved in oolite..................

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

bigmike20vt
Dangerous
Dangerous

has anyone involved in oolite..................

Post by bigmike20vt »

considered applying for a job at frontier developments for a position in Elite 4?

some of the oxp ship models made by hobbyests are simply superb and easily imo retail quality.

just wondering if it had been attempted, and how Braben would feel about oolite being on your CV as a tech demo example of your work.
Fiat Coupe, helping motorists break the speed limit since 1993.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Yeah well I'm working on finding you an answer to that. Don't worry I won't endanger the board just my own personal legal safety.

They have a forum, I have a sudonym. We'll see what we can do. :D

by the way if you nick caduceus, I want a mention. because I love glory more than money, and good glory is a blank cheque signed by the world.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

I'd recommend Griff for an Art Director there, his ships are full of awesome and sexy! :P

They'd be nuts not to hire him.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

I dont think that many people here think elite 4 is in active development, so I guess there are no jobs to apply for.
Lucidor
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Lucidor »

That or it's suffering from severe feature creep. They may have made three or four decent games, but scrapped them to get the next big idea in just like the Duke Nukem team did.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I don't think "severe" even begins to describe 10 years of feature-creep.. doesn't Elite IV now hold the world record in the vapour-ware category?

Edit: nope.. Duke Nukem Forever still holds the record with 13 years..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied