Scooped Combat Drones in 1.73.4

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Jon Ridgway
Above Average
Above Average

Scooped Combat Drones in 1.73.4

Post by Jon Ridgway »

Hi,

Is this a bug - i'm scooping my combat drones after use, but they do not become avalible for use again.

Regards,

Jon.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Scooped Combat Drones in 1.73.4

Post by Eric Walch »

Jon Ridgway wrote:
Hi,

Is this a bug - i'm scooping my combat drones after use, but they do not become avalible for use again.
It's a feature that only two out of three are re-usable. But even on failure you should get a message about this failure and it should award machinery. This code part is unchanged since at least the beta release 0.4 and should still work in the latest 1.1 release. (or anything in between)
Jon Ridgway
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Jon Ridgway »

Thanks for the response; i've got the latest version running on 1.73.4; but none of the four scooped drones was avalible and i didn't get a message. How can i help debug the problem?
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Jon Ridgway wrote:
Thanks for the response; i've got the latest version running on 1.73.4; but none of the four scooped drones was avalible and i didn't get a message. How can i help debug the problem?
No idea what is happening. I only had beta 0.4 but just downloaded version 1.1. Both the kamikaze drone as well as the combat drone scooped up correctly and awarded the drone. (or gave the scrap message).

(In trunk the drones don't work because of a current trunk error with filteredEntities, but in 1.73.4 it should be okay)

I noticed the kamikaze drone has defined an unknown scanClass but that only means the drone is displayed yellow on the scanner.

Are you sure you don't have a full cargo bay because the scooping process needs an free spot in your hold, even when it does not add cargo at the end.
Jon Ridgway
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Jon Ridgway »

No cargo bay isn't full; i get a message telling me the drone has been retreived, but its not avalible for reuse.
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

Scoping a combat drone works for me on 1.73.4
Running on a Mac though NOT Windoze...

But I can't get the Kamikaze drones to lock a target....

T
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The drones should find and lock onto their own targets. You don't set them. That's kinda the point ;)