Small typo with Advanced Space Compass?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Makara
Dangerous
Dangerous

Small typo with Advanced Space Compass?

Post by Makara »

This is one of those little things that has niggled at me for a while. While deliberately written this way, the phrasing seems a bit off.

When nearing a planet without the Advanced Space Compass, you get the message:

Code: Select all

This is (Planet) Traffic Control - For station approach, please follow the rectangle on your compass
Whereas with the Advanced Space Compass fitted the message is:

Code: Select all

This is (Planet) Traffic Control - For station approach, please select and follow the beacon N on your compass
Now the Advanced Compass also shows the rectangle for the station, and it is newly added as a selectable target after the message. However the N has been selectable system wide and also gets destroyed sometimes. It feels more natural (to me) for the Advanced Compass's message to also read "rectangle" instead of "beacon N" - although the comment about selecting it is still necessary.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

It sounds like it's something you'd get when trying to land on a planet.... Have you got the planetfall oxp installed?
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It's Traffic Control OXP, not Planetfall OXP (both mine). It's designed to take you to the station either way, and with the ASC both will be equivalent. But the N comes up a lot earlier (as you say from anywhere in the system), so is more accurate. You don't have to get anywhere near the planet for it to happen, as you do if you're following dots and rectangles.
Makara
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Makara »

Thargoid wrote:
It's Traffic Control OXP, not Planetfall OXP (both mine). It's designed to take you to the station either way, and with the ASC both will be equivalent. But the N comes up a lot earlier (as you say from anywhere in the system), so is more accurate. You don't have to get anywhere near the planet for it to happen, as you do if you're following dots and rectangles.
Ooops - my bad. Didn't realise it was one of your additions :oops:

*ambles off to change my version of the script*