Supercobra/Halsis quirk

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Nijik
Competent
Competent

Supercobra/Halsis quirk

Post by Nijik »

Afternoon, just test driving a Supercobra and when I hit the hyperspace button the on screen countdown starts at 10 whereas the Halsis voice starts at the usual 15 and I subsequently jump while she's still counting down, any thoughts?
If I go back to my Cobra Mk3 savegame voice and screen countdown are sinc'd as they should be. :?
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Well, since no-one had ever thought of customised countdown settings when that oxp was released, Halsis uses a 15 seconds .ogg whenever the countdown is activated. Of course now we can change the standard 15 seconds to any length of time, which is not really friendly to specifically timed sound files.

You could possibly record an alternative 10 second countdown, and it might just be possible to use js to stop the normal countdown sound and play the shorter countdown .ogg if you're flying the supercobra. But it's all a bit of a long shot...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

The recommended/flexible way to deal with this is to use the playerStartedJumpCountdown(cause, delay) event handler to set up a timer that plays individual sounds for each number (up to some reasonable limit).
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Supercobra/Halsis quirk

Post by Screet »

Nijik wrote:
Afternoon, just test driving a Supercobra and when I hit the hyperspace button the on screen countdown starts at 10 whereas the Halsis voice starts at the usual 15 and I subsequently jump while she's still counting down, any thoughts?
If I go back to my Cobra Mk3 savegame voice and screen countdown are sinc'd as they should be. :?
If you don't have a shorter soundfile and do not like to edit the soundfile to create a short version and then make them called appropriately, there's a very simple fix: change the supercobras countdown to 15 inside it's oxp ;)

Guess it won't hurt to do so anyway as larger stations often prevent jumping for quite a while, thus even a fast ship might not be able to reach jump distance within these 10 seconds...

Screet
Nijik
Competent
Competent

Re: Supercobra/Halsis quirk

Post by Nijik »

Screet wrote:
If you don't have a shorter soundfile and do not like to edit the soundfile to create a short version and then make them called appropriately, there's a very simple fix: change the supercobras countdown to 15 inside it's oxp ;)

Guess it won't hurt to do so anyway as larger stations often prevent jumping for quite a while, thus even a fast ship might not be able to reach jump distance within these 10 seconds...

Screet
Cheers Screet, had a look in the OXP yesterday and couldn't find the countdown setting, couldn't see the wood for the trees!
Just had another look and went straight to it: <key>hyperspace_motor_spin_time</key>.
Set it to 15 and all's good. :D