Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Python. Military shields?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

splunkjamma
Average
Average

Python. Military shields?

Post by splunkjamma »

Commander Splunkjamma here, with a quick question.
Is it possible to fit the military shield upgrade to the python class ship? I'm at a tech 15 planet and no military shield upgrade is available for the python. (but available for cobra mkIII).
Sorry if this has been covered.

Great game btw, I have memories flooding back from playing the original elite back in '84.
8)
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Python. Military shields?

Post by CptnEcho »

splunkjamma wrote:
Commander Splunkjamma here, with a quick question.
Is it possible to fit the military shield upgrade to the python class ship? I'm at a tech 15 planet and no military shield upgrade is available for the python. (but available for cobra mkIII).
Sorry if this has been covered.

Great game btw, I have memories flooding back from playing the original elite back in '84.
8)
The standard Python can install Military Shield Enhancement. Normally this is installed after a player has already purchased the non-military shield enhancement. {I suggest installing an Extra Energy Unit before installing shield enhancement(s).}

There is an OXP variation, the Python Class Cruiser (with a shark-mouth graphic). The wiki information for the Python Class Cruiser is unclear about whether or not it can install Military Shield Enhancement.
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers
splunkjamma
Average
Average

Post by splunkjamma »

Cheers for the reply. It must be because I'm piloting the "Black Dog" variant.

Ah well back to them trading routes and salvaging. :)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

The Black Dog variant is not available for players in Oolite. So you must have got it courtesy of some OXP. Therefore you should find out which and ask its author about equipment availability.