Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Happy Laziness is

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Happy Laziness is

Post by Chrisfs »

Happy Laziness is
watching a Viper take out a pirate and then scooping up the cargo after he's done.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Somehow related: letting a miner blow up asteroids and boulders and then scooping the splinters before he can do it himself. Which makes him go and blow up another asteroid and its boulders... 8)
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

That's even better
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Commander McLane wrote:
Somehow related: letting a miner blow up asteroids and boulders and then scooping the splinters before he can do it himself. Which makes him go and blow up another asteroid and its boulders... 8)
You don't have to wait for the boulders being mined. Simply fly towards them and keep them below your sights...then you'll hear a BANG and won't even have to bother scooping multiple splinters one by one as they're already in the proper position to be mined!

When I was flying a BCC I did not even have to wait for someone to blow up the asteroids, I simply did the same with them as I now do with the boulders. However, a Caduceus seems not as stable as a BCC when it comes to this mining-style ;)

Aboue the pirate vs. viper comment: It's better to wait until the pirate is venting plasma and then shoot him yourself. The viper will increase the bounty as a thank you and such a pirate won't last long anyway ;)

Screet