Trunk: bounty reported

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Trunk: bounty reported

Post by Screet »

Hi,

the current version does fix the bounty which is being reported for Thargoids. I like it...has the issue why this has not been done before (for AI hostility calculations) been sorted out?

However, there are other strange things which now become visible:
1) Should a pirate cove really be reported to have a bounty on it?
2) All things like Asteroids (thus also pirate coves) do report a bounty 10x higher than they give. IIRC there was something that the bounty even has to be set at 10x the level which should be given during scripts. I think this should also be adjusted to return the real bounty. That might require to update old scripts, but will lead to less confusion for new oxp's to be written!

Screet
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Trunk: bounty reported

Post by Eric Walch »

Screet wrote:
However, there are other strange things which now become visible:
1) Should a pirate cove really be reported to have a bounty on it?
2) All things like Asteroids (thus also pirate coves) do report a bounty 10x higher than they give. IIRC there was something that the bounty even has to be set at 10x the level which should be given during scripts. I think this should also be adjusted to return the real bounty. That might require to update old scripts, but will lead to less confusion for new oxp's to be written!
I think it should report bounty for a pirate cove. Because, when you have a property that s called bounty, it should return bounty and not something else. When it should return legal_status the property name should have been legal_status.

When I recall correct anything with scanClass rock returns only 10% of its bounty. It would be possible to correct this value to the effective when reading and writing this value with JS. I don't know the background of this as now you just have to assign a rock a 10 times higher bounty than you want to give to the player.
Before it was worse as rocks had a legal status of zero but you got a bounty. Now you have a real bounty, the bounty scanner should probably correct that factor 10 discrepancy for rocks. Before it couldn't as it had no clue.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Most Oolite bounty calculations are done internally in tens of credits, as opposed to credits. It's fairly likely there could have been an oversight when implementing rock bounties.
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Kaks wrote:
Most Oolite bounty calculations are done internally in tens of credits, as opposed to credits. It's fairly likely there could have been an oversight when implementing rock bounties.
No it is all very deliberate. There is an explicit check for dividing bounty by 10 when it is rock.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Eric Walch wrote:
Kaks wrote:
No it is all very deliberate. There is an explicit check for dividing bounty by 10 when it is rock.
Giles inserted that some time before 1.65 because it was economically worthwhile to spend your time blowing up whole asteroid belts, which was considered silly. If the display value is incorrect, that should be fixed.