How many times have you started a NEW Jameson???

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

Commander McLane wrote:
Hi Tivva,

if your old pilot feels like he wants to take another challenge after Assasins.oxp, I would kindly suggest Cataclysm.oxp as the next thing to do. :wink: It's just another two galactic jumps away.
Thanks for the heads up Commander, looks like he'll be making a gal jump or 2 to assist old Carruthers again... :wink:

I think he'll then be retiring....
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: How many times have you started a NEW Jameson???

Post by JensAyton »

Tivva wrote:
So, have you done the deed & gone back to square one????
I haven’t kept count, but it must be several thousand times by now. ;-)
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Tivva wrote:
looks like he'll be making a gal jump or 2 to assist old Carruthers again...
I'm glad you have a new mission, Tivva. Just as well you didn't bin that savegame, eh.

Seems like there is a need for a very, very difficult mission OXP that only the extremely experienced Commander could tackle.
One that would need a large credit balance and the highest combat skills. Preferably in a standard Cobra, and of long duration.

Regards
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

El Viejo wrote:
Seems like there is a need for a very, very difficult mission OXP that only the extremely experienced Commander could tackle.
One that would need a large credit balance and the highest combat skills. Preferably in a standard Cobra, and of long duration.
Well, actually that was exactly the reason to write Cataclysm in the first place. :wink: (Although it doesn't require you to fly a Cobra. But who knows, perhaps my next mission OXP will...)
Cody

Post by Cody »

Commander McLane wrote:
Although it doesn't require you to fly a Cobra. But who knows, perhaps my next mission OXP will...
I look forward to that, Commander McLane, although it will be a while before I’m ready (a ship year or so, I reckon).

I’ve “done the eight” a fair few times in Elite, and even more times in Elite Plus. This time around, with Oolite, I’m going to take my time and “do the eight” a couple or three times with a standard Cobra, minimal OXP’s installed and only the native missions. Then I’ll start to look at OXP missions etc. (I'm a purist, at heart.)

Just for a change I’m going to enjoy the long dark winter nights, as I take a long, leisurely cruise in the “Clear Air Turbulence”, which is now a real “Curtis LeMay”.

Regards
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!