[Solved] Fedora Core 8 - Audio problems

For discussion of ports to POSIX based systems, especially using GNUStep.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

alexxx wrote:
what can I do for you? Build you a monument?
This one is on the house. The next it will cost you some beers. 8)

alexxx wrote:
- of course you also ruined my work career, since I installed it on my work pc -
That makes two of us. I had to install VBox on my work PC too, to simulate your issue. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will wait for a week or two and then mark this case as solved.
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

alexxx wrote:
But during play I just have the sound effects on - I have install music as an additional package?
Yupp. Correct. The game itself ships 2 musicfiles (for the startup screen and for the docking computer). So playing other backgroundmusic can be done via iTunes-integration (Mac-only) or OXP. If I get this right, Hyperradio is currently the only one that does it.
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

@alexxx
Would you mind changing the subject of this topic to "Fedora Core 8 - Audio problems"?
It would be easier for other FC8 users to locate it in this forum.

Cheers.
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]