Pluging in a trade simulation

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

bones0
Average
Average

Pluging in a trade simulation

Post by bones0 »

Hi all

My project http://sourceforge.net/projects/interstella/ is still slumbering in early development state... well, anyway, when I designed it I had things like Oolite in mind. Mixed a little bit with Ports of call and company simulations of all sorts. It's planned that way that any software might be used to produce goods at the planets. All information is stored in a central database where the production-"sub-games" feed in their stock and needs and where the player's accounts are stored. "My" game is responsible for the distribution.

Now, Oolite is just *the* perfect game for the distribution part. Much better than I could ever do it myself. All I need is synchronising the stock and the orders with all participating Oolite installations. And payments have to be transfered to Oolite player's accounts. Of course in (nearly) real time. Is something like that possible with the current Extension API?

Regards
Peter
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

No.
bones0
Average
Average

Post by bones0 »

That's what I call a clear and simple answer ;) Thanks.

Nevertheless Oolite as a massive multiplayer game would be cool. Probably not something we'll see tomorrow ;-)

Regards
Peter
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

bones0 wrote:
Nevertheless Oolite as a massive multiplayer game would be cool. Probably not something we'll see tomorrow ;-)

Regards
Peter
See this thread for details and a discussion on why it's highly unlikely... https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=6173
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied