Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

need oolite creds!!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Only thing I'd trade my IC for would be a navy condor i could carry my courier and a simonb ferdy (mayhaps with soMe balance fixes) in or a ic with turrets..
Also i realized i actually fly a v2 courier...
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Commander Learner
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Commander Learner »

Right on! The Imperial Courier is definitely one of the best ships. To start off, just go to Zaonce and buy some other ship with more equipment (Lasers aren't important yet, the ECM and Docking Comps should be the priority).

Is that what you all do?
Shooting polygons since 2001
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Actually, before you buy the docking comps I'd get the mil or beam laser... Big difference.
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sendraks »

First purchase for me on my cobby mkIII was a fuel injector. Cheap and incredibly useful.

Wacky - why do you think the neolite Ferdy needs some balance fixes? Arguably it is a better balanced ship than the Imp Courier.
lfnfan
Deadly
Deadly

earn Cr30k per day, working from home

Post by lfnfan »

want to earn Cr 30,000 for 5 jumps?

1) after maintenance, trade your C3 for a hamadryad + injectors + docking comp (don't need fancy lasers as you will be running for your life on injectors at the first sniff of conflict). Advanced navigation array may help some also.

2) get familiar with the F8 F8 screen. Take any old commodities contract you can, and deliver on time.

3) Repeat

4) keep your eye on the F8 F8 deals each time you dock and take what's do-able. Ideally you will have multiple contracts running at the same time.

5) provided you deliver on time consistently, some very lucrative deals should start coming your way.

6) then you can buy whatever pimped out starship turns you on. Cargo space will be less of a consideration considering what you will be hauling by that stage.

7) remember to keep your courier rating in tip top shape (regular contracts) whilst you are supplementing your income with bounty hunting, piracy, thargoid pummeling and frittering away your income hanging out at seedy space bars.

my kinda lilfestyle.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

Thats almost exactly what I said (4th post in this thread) :D
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Cmdr James wrote:
Thats almost exactly what I said (4th post in this thread) :D
It is usually only the best ideas that come round again and again... :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
lfnfan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lfnfan »

first I saw
Cmdr James wrote:
To be honest, you can earn enough trading in a couple of days to buy a large ship (I went with a Hamadryad) and then you can make more or less as much money as you want.
but after that I saw
zoggie wrote:
:twisted: thanks .. comanders ... looks like a bit o pirating is in order :lol:
so I thought that the Hamadryad route needed a bit more reiterating...

my trader rating is all to hell now, so I'm thinking of going back to a cargo ship. I like the look of the Seymour cargo sled, or I have heard talk of a Kirin ship also, which I am on the lookout for...
Telengo
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Telengo »

Lots of Commanders seem to like the Imperial Courier, but I recently saw something called "The Morrigan" I think that seemed to have some good stats. Does anybody use one of these?

My first move was to a Mosquito Trader as I still like the do everything style that the Cobra gave. I can carry a bit more cargo and have a good weapons platform. Think I need a bigger cargo beast to get the several million needed for the better ships. :D
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

The morrigan is an excellent ship, although not as combat capable as an Imperial Courier, but it does have very strong shields. I used to mine with it just by ramming asteroids. :D
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Hi Commanders,
I use my Caduceus to take on a hauling contract, stop at the first seedy bar and look for a nice little pest control job on route.
Of course a little free booting on route helps.
Also don't worry about selling the contract cargo on route if it's a really good price, just make sure you replace it before getting to where your going.
To do this you really need Commander ClymAngus vector maps. Then you can choose the hit job by it's location.
I run Oolite in a window with the tool bar on auto hide, gives you the same as full screen but easy access to maps that just sit in the back till needed.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Everyone loves command + f....
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Alex wrote:
Hi Commanders,
I use my Caduceus to take on a hauling contract, stop at the first seedy bar and look for a nice little pest control job on route.
Of course a little free booting on route helps.
Also don't worry about selling the contract cargo on route if it's a really good price, just make sure you replace it before getting to where your going.
To do this you really need Commander ClymAngus vector maps. Then you can choose the hit job by it's location.
I run Oolite in a window with the tool bar on auto hide, gives you the same as full screen but easy access to maps that just sit in the back till needed.
I recently made the bridge of a Caddy home. :) I must say, it's a hell of a gunship. Not so good for bulk trading or contract runs - it only carries 50 tons w/ expansion, but for pirate slaying and "reclaiming" stolen goods that's more than enough. And it's a demon when it comes to shredding a Thargoid invasion swarm. A superb weapons platform for taking a Random Hits contract, too. I'm happily watching my kill count rise... :twisted:

--- Derik Roh'i,
Captain, Caduceus Omega Persistence Of Memory
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Hi Cmdr Wyvern,
Precious metals and gems don't take up much space.
Though it did take a few runs in a pcc to get the rep and the offers to take the small stuff.

Had a little trouble with the cops that last run.
The python positivly acted like a pirate!
Really need to get the bounty scanner fixed.
Yes officer, next tech world.
Honest.

Happy hunting
Al
Commander Learner
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Commander Learner »

this may sound rather embarrassing but what's the point of playing pirates?
You become a fugitive, every Tom, Dick 'n Harry shoots at you, game over.

Don't tell me you're going to avoid them and hyperspace until your status is cleared! :shock:
Shooting polygons since 2001