Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

A Quicky

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Hemlock
Dangerous
Dangerous

A Quicky

Post by Hemlock »

After several visits to the shipyard and having kicked more than my fair share of landing gear, I settled on the Python ET Special pictured below. The only problem is that as you can see the nose cone of the thing obscures my HUD.....is there anyway to adjust this other than moving my cockpit several feet forward...to do this I would have to do away with the en-suite bathroom and hot tub.

Commander Hemlock
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

First: we don't do quickies here. For this you'd have to go to a red light district of your choice... 8)

Second: As we are endlessly discussing the pro's and con's of upgrading ships, the borderline of uberness, and the vamping up and scaling down of stats elsewhere, this was really one thing we forgot: a good ship can come with the downside of a partially obscured view.

Third: If you don't want to sacrifice your jacuzzi, you could as well move your cabin up, instead of forward.

Or, alternativly, fly your ship from the bathtub. I think there is an example for that in the Hitchhiker. :wink:
Hemlock
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Hemlock »

Hmmmm...well then...Thanks for the quicky answer :P

It is an uncommonly good ship...and I like the spacious accommodation, especially the hot tub. So I am going to have to get used to it I suppose.

Regards

H
Commander Hemlock
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

The outer part of the sip is always displayed when you define a view point outside the ship. Changing it to somewhere inside hides the exterior. That part makes sense, but I don't know why you don't see wall paper instead.

Anyhow, it is a designers choice that you see the outside. And he probably is proud you now always see a part of his creation.

And it seems that the view of the bridge of some real live container ships is even more obscured.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Another option is to add a dark, semi-transparent background to the hud image. That's the bit that darkens the 'radar' in the middle. Have a look inside the hud oxp, you should be able to find the image to modify relatively easily!
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)