Maintenance

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Hi Ramirez, and no, there isn't. However, you could do an alert if it's been more than 30 jumps since the last purchase of the maintenance 'equipment'! You'll have to keep & increment that variable yourself, but I don't know who'd want to install a 'mother-in-law.oxp'! :)

A disclaimer: I tend to be annoyed by GPSs when they start saying 'bear left' two or three times in a row, and most in-laws are the nicest people ever! ;)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CptnEcho »

In my experience the maintenance overhaul interval is dependent upon light-years traveled by the ship.

If you flit back & forth between two very close systems, it will be a long time before being asked to overhaul the ship in the equipment purchase screen.

If you undertake cargo runs or travel about the galaxy and fly many light-years worth of distance, the need to overhaul the ship appears sooner.
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers
Telengo
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Telengo »

Oops opened a can of worms. :)

I actually thought it already did what you guys are discussing, hence just waiting to see how long it would take.

But it would be great to see it in there in the future.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

I think the only thing it doesnt do is give you a warning that a service is due. You will only see this if you go into the shipyard and see it for sale.

The rest *is* there.