How Often...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Rustybolts wrote:
El Viejo wrote:
I've never crashed into a Witchspace Beacon yet.
As you always exit the wormhole at low velocity, regardless of your entry velocity, it must just be a numbers game (or should be) and it shouldn't need to be adjusted.

edit: mind you, I'm flying a standard ship. It may well be different for others.
Its not that you have time to react. The problem lies in actually exiting witchspace onto beacon. You just exit and explode. But since using 1.73.2 i haven't had this since (fingers crossed).
The problem i am currently disscussing though is launching from planet surface using planetfall.oxp where no beacon is involved it is just the altitude it launches you at.
OK, after some discussions and research with Eric, A_C and Kaks we've got a fairly good idea of what's going on and why things are going thrusters-up. So I've reworked the script a bit to get around what we think is the problem, and updated the OXP.

You can grab version 1.21 from box.net via the links in my sig below. That should solve your problem, although at the cosmetic cost that the launch from the planet doesn't look quite as nice any more.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

Alex wrote:
Objective C, mmm, is that the same as C, C+, C++??
No, its not the same, but its probably close enough. If you have a mac you can get xcode for free, which will compile for you, if you are on windows or linux, then there are other people who can help you to build.
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Ye Commandore James
Family and friends. They probably forgot more about this stuff than I ever learned

Happy hunting
Al
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Eric Walch wrote:
But in some systems it was impossible to fly in full screen mode with 1.72. (I could in 1.71). After touching a rudder key for a brief moment resulted in a complete loss of control in my flying. It took seconds before it recognised I released the key. Changing to windowed mode always solved that problem.
Eri, did you have any shader effects on at all with 1.72? Even simple shaders might explain that difference...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Kaks wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
But in some systems it was impossible to fly in full screen mode with 1.72. (I could in 1.71). After touching a rudder key for a brief moment resulted in a complete loss of control in my flying. It took seconds before it recognised I released the key. Changing to windowed mode always solved that problem.
Eri, did you have any shader effects on at all with 1.72? Even simple shaders might explain that difference...
No, that was a 7 year old 700 MHz PPC Mac. No shaders. I was just strange that the FPS in full screen was a slightly better in full screen (Probably less background tasks) but flight behaviour was worse. The problem was mainly in the more crowded systems.