Two things

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Xexedi wrote:
Do you know if there are any other missions?
:shock: Oh, you have barely scratched the surface, my friend...

If you don't want to be spoiled, then just fly around a little in Galaxy 4. And afterwards in Gal 5.

You could also consult the Oolite Missions page of the wiki, which will tell you everything you want to know. But of course, then it's no surprise anymore.

However, you will need that page if it comes to OXP-missions. It contains download links to all relevant OXPs, and some information on where each mission starts, and what requirements you have to fulfil in order to get offered the mission.

Considering your style of play (ELITE in Gal 3, and probably no OXP-missions yet), I would suggest you finish the in-built missions in Gal 4 and 5 first, before returning to Gal 1 and downloading mission OXPs. It has to be said, though, that the OXP missions in Galaxy 1 have a certain "training" character, and you may find them a little on the easy side for an experienced ELITE-pilot. But still, they're fun.
Xexedi
Average
Average

Post by Xexedi »

Thanks again for the info.

Downloadable add on missions for the game. Am impressed.

I well go and try and find the in built missions first now I know they are there.

I was wondering if the extra add on missions are designed by members of this forum.

Just thinking they may be cos ive had a little look around here and there dose seem a lot of very keperbol ppl here. Ever way that's still impressive stuff.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Xexedi wrote:
I was wondering if the extra add on missions are designed by members of this forum.
Yes, of course. :D What, do you think, is the Expansion Pack forum on this board good for? :wink: This one, for instance, was designed by yours truly. And it would suit you well, especially as it is designed as a sequel to the two missions you have already finished, and it is for an experienced commander who isn't afraid of battles with Thargoids.

In order to start it, you would have to return to Galaxy 1 first. And as I said before, beginning with the advanced missions could make the beginners' missions feel a little boring, so you perhaps should install the "smaller" missions in Galaxy 1 first, then move forward to the missions in Galaxies 2, 4, 5, and 7, and then go full circle again and do Cataclysm (which also would give me a little more time for some bug-squashing :wink: ).
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Commander McLane wrote:
Xexedi wrote:
(which also would give me a little more time for some bug-squashing :wink: ).
Which sense of the phrase "bug-squashing" is this? :wink:

Also: I just noticed this: why is the wink emote

Code: Select all

:wink: 
and not

;) 
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

wackyman465 wrote:
Also: I just noticed this: why is the wink emote

:wink: 
and not

;) 
It's both. Emoticons not involving colons themselves are always coded in php with colons around them. If you write

;) :wink:
you'll get ;) :wink: . The colon ones obviously aren't or else that would get confusing for the code to be parsed.
Xexedi
Average
Average

Post by Xexedi »

Commander McLane wrote:
Xexedi wrote:
Yes, of course. :D What, do you think, is the Expansion Pack forum on this board good for? :wink: This one, for instance, was designed by yours truly. And it would suit you well, especially as it is designed as a sequel to the two missions you have already finished, and it is for an experienced commander who isn't afraid of battles with Thargoids.

In order to start it, you would have to return to Galaxy 1 first. And as I said before, beginning with the advanced missions could make the beginners' missions feel a little boring, so you perhaps should install the "smaller" missions in Galaxy 1 first, then move forward to the missions in Galaxies 2, 4, 5, and 7, and then go full circle again and do Cataclysm (which also would give me a little more time for some bug-squashing :wink: ).
Well your technical ability gows way beyond mine :)
I can only look at your ability to program such things with admiring eyes :)

Still am glad you can do such things like this has it makes things a hell of a lot moor interesting for ppl like me :D

Think maybe I well download your mission once I get board of the in built ones.

I did not really notice what the Expansion Pack forum was for. I did not take that closer look. I well have another look around that forum now in the hope I learn something useful.
If am really honest most of what is in this forum goes a little over my head :oops:

But do agree that having the right code for the wink emoticon is a very important thing lol I myself would rather just have to put ;) to get that rather then have to type out wink lol