I know this is a stupid question but...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

I know this is a stupid question but...

Post by wackyman465 »

I just downloaded most of the OXPs from the wiki and will soon be able to upload a complete edition of Oolite, once I finish testing. However, I couldn't find griff's stuff, except the Krait. Can someone post download links for me please?

Also: Should the complete edition come with an HUD/soundset, and if so, which one?
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: I know this is a stupid question but...

Post by Frame »

wackyman465 wrote:
I just downloaded most of the OXPs from the wiki and will soon be able to upload a complete edition of Oolite, once I finish testing. However, I couldn't find griff's stuff, except the Krait. Can someone post download links for me please?

Also: Should the complete edition come with an HUD/soundset, and if so, which one?
much of his stuff is found in ruining the classics thread

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0

most of it is normal mapped though.

cheers Frame..
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Thanks!
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

As there is no complete collection yet, you will have to browse through the whole thread in order to find the different download links to the many single ships, I'm afraid.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Dang most of those need trunk which I don't have yet... Awww...
Also the griff boa there doesn't look like the more recent boa that has decals. Where is that one?
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

The griff_boa with the decals and random paint colours is here: http://www.box.net/shared/7pvjecjbks
or, Cmdr Wyverns playtested and improved versions are in here:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=5328
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Thanks, griff!
I've tested the complete set and it appears to start. After about a 5 min load screen, it boots to Oolite, which runs (although fairly choppily) on my ibook g4 under 1.73. However, anarchies and total patrol appear to be incompatible with trunk, according to the load commander (y/n) screen. Anybody know anything bout that? Is there a way I can rescript them to be 1.73 compatible? I'm also not running this on a shady machine, so I don't have anything about that yet. I can make this near 700mb zip file available as soon as it finishes uploading if anyone wants to test it.
Griff, wyverns playtested version link is broken, it says "folder is empty"
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

I'd like to include a few things from EliteWiki for distribution with OSE (Oolite Special Edition) (see how I hijacked your name lestradae?) and would like to ask permission before I take them and alter them.
I'd like to take, if it's OK with y'all, Mr. Gimlet, the Pilot's Reference Manual, the rough Guide to the Ooniverse (possibly creating a pdf version of the web only pages).
I would also like to distribute (without altering) Status Quo and Mutablis, if that's OK with Drew.
One item I would be glad to include in this Oolite Special Edition is The Virtuous Misfortune, however, there is no author for it on the elitewiki page.
Please let me know if there is any particular way any of the authors of the above works want to be credited, besides your forum tag. Also somebody can claim authorship of Mr. Gimlet, as currently the elitewiki page has no author on it.
I will also include a compiled list of all the included OXPs' authors, as well as the RS ship list (possibly with a few ships that are not included in RS but are in the download added) and the Oolite Reference Sheet (again possibly modified).

Any objections? Anybody who steps up/has their name on their work will be appropriately cited.

Edit: I've also updated the readme that came with the mac version of 1.65 for 1.72.2.1, it is available for download here. Should I remove Giles's signature off the end?[/url]
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

wackyman465 wrote:
I'd like to include a few things from EliteWiki for distribution with OSE (Oolite Special Edition) (see how I hijacked your name lestradae?) and would like to ask permission before I take them and alter them.
I'd like to take, if it's OK with y'all, Mr. Gimlet, the Pilot's Reference Manual, the rough Guide to the Ooniverse (possibly creating a pdf version of the web only pages).
I would also like to distribute (without altering) Status Quo and Mutablis, if that's OK with Drew.
One item I would be glad to include in this Oolite Special Edition is The Virtuous Misfortune, however, there is no author for it on the elitewiki page.
Please let me know if there is any particular way any of the authors of the above works want to be credited, besides your forum tag. Also somebody can claim authorship of Mr. Gimlet, as currently the elitewiki page has no author on it.
I will also include a compiled list of all the included OXPs' authors, as well as the RS ship list (possibly with a few ships that are not included in RS but are in the download added) and the Oolite Reference Sheet (again possibly modified).

Any objections? Anybody who steps up/has their name on their work will be appropriately cited.

Edit: I've also updated the readme that came with the mac version of 1.65 for 1.72.2.1, it is available for download here. Should I remove Giles's signature off the end?[/url]
Since Giles single-handedly wrote all the original code that Oolite is based on why would you need to remove his signature from anything? If it's there already, then its there for a reason. Leave it alone.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

KZ9999 has produced an edited and typeset PDF of Mr Gimlet, which you can download from here. He's also made a PDF of the Oolite RS (see this thread). I'm the author of Mr Gimlet and of the first six Rough Guide entries: you and anyone else have my permission to use the text from the wiki, and use the existing Rough Guide PDF (subject to its Creative Commons license), but if you want to use KZ9999's "Advice for New Commanders" PDF and his PDF Reference Sheet you should ask him. If you're taking the Mr Gimlet text, it would seem to be a bit redundant since KZ9999's already made an excellent job of it!

You might want to call this something other than "Oolite Special Edition", though, just to avoid confusion with Lestradae's OSE ..."Oolite Premium"? "Oolite Super Unleaded"? :)
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

I'm not talking about removing his signature from ANYTHING except possibly the modified readme. I'd like people not to be contacting him for 1.72.2.1 crashes, when the most recent version he wrote was 1.65 (is this correct? i think it is, right?), or errors in the readme that I changed to include 1.72.2.1 directions. Is this acceptable? I will still have it say "Oolite was originally written by Giles Williams" in big letters where his email address is now, but then also have a list of the current dev team. Is that in the contributors.rtf file included with 1.72?
I'm not actually going to call it OSE, that's just to scare lestradae. I'm planning to call it Oolite Ultimate Edition, ultimate being even specialer than special! Anything from Drew?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

wackyman465 wrote:
However, anarchies and total patrol appear to be incompatible with trunk, according to the load commander (y/n) screen. Anybody know anything bout that?
I'm surprised. There should be loads of OXPs "incompatible" with trunk, for instance all OXPs that I have scripted, not only Anarchies and total patrol.

The reason for this is that I have (as other scripters have as well) defined a "max_version" in their requires.plist, and set it to "1.72.99". So they give a message that they are not supposed to work with a higher version of Oolite.

And the reason for this is that I don't know which scripting methods have been added/removed/renamed for 1.73, and I won't know until 1.73 is released, and until it is released it may change on an hourly basis. As soon as 1.73 is released I and a lot of other scripters will revise their OXPs, and then they are going to be re-released, with a "max_version" set to "1.73.99", and the whole game begins from "start." :)
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

It all depends if you are talking about the original OXPs or the RS bundled and updated ones. Not sure which wackyman is using?
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Cmdr James wrote:
... the RS bundled and updated ones.
Just wanted to mention that RS (aka Realistic Shipyards) has not been updated/upgraded for 1.73, nor will it ever be.

That's why I suggested for whacky that, if he wanted to include the RS/OSE meta-oxp into his "Ultimate Oolite", to better wait for OSE (aka Oolite Shipyards Extension), the successor of RS, because that one is being developed with/on the newest trunk version(s) specifically for 1.73!

:idea:

L
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Currently I'm building OUE for 1.72.2.1, and I'll update it when an official version of 1.73 comes out. Any opinions on HUDS, or should I include all the ones off the wiki with pictures and give the player a choice?