Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Imperial Courier---Supreme Choice??

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander Learner
Dangerous
Dangerous

The Imperial Courier---Supreme Choice??

Post by Commander Learner »

Hi Pilots.
1. I just bought the Imperial Courier at Reesdice while on the Constrictor mission, is this ship able to "do it" since it seems very unique and powerful if equipped fully?

2. Which planet in Galaxy 1 is tech level 13+?

Thanks.
Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: The Imperial Courier---Supreme Choice??

Post by Sendraks »

1. The Constrictor mission is perfectly doable in a Cobra MkIII, most things are. The Imp Courier is bigger and therefore is a bigger target. It has slightly stronger shields than the MKIII and will survive slightly longer once they are down, but it is largely a well balanced ship for its size and cost. Don't expect miracles.

2. If you check this thread https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=6053 all will be revealed.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

I might have to disagree here. The Imperial Courier, especially the military version, (from selezen's OXP, not from RS) outperforms the Cobra in all aspects of shippiness. It is also a harder target to hit on a jousting run, and can often be hard to hit from other angles. I believe you should, in fact, expect miracles from this ship, it's like a SuperCobra only WAY better.

*edited for kindness and clarity*
Last edited by wackyman465 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

wackyman465 wrote:
The above post is a lie. The Imperial Courier, especially the military version. (from selezen's OXP, not from RS) outperforms the Cobra in ALL aspects of shippiness. It is also a harder target to hit on a jousting run, but is a comparably large ship in an attack from the side.
Nothing you've said actually contradicts what Sendraks said and therefore nothing in Sendraks post is a lie.

I wish I could say we've missed your little quirks of phrase Wacky, but I for one have not.

Can I suggest you just wait three seconds before hitting the submit button and take the time to read what you post sometimes.

This may be the friendliest board this side of Riedquat but nobody likes to be called a liar - especially when it's not true.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Hi Commander L,
HiTech G1 TIANVE Top right of map

Happy hunting
A
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Must addmit a good ship helps but can't help thinking about the old addage about work men and tools...
I've been shot to bits in my super cobra by an assp before :oops:
Wasn't paying attention, well that's my excuse, and no officer it had nothing to do with the 2 gallons of falling over water.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Well that's because there's significant evidence suggesting that supercobra pilots can't fly, you ever seen a fugitive just sitting there in front of a station? You can cut him to ribbons with a laser before he even thinks about reacting.
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

The supremest choice is of course the BoaClassCriuser, but not supremer then the pilots who fly them, all of whom recommend the vessel as of outstanding spec., one which delivers miracles routinely whilst also strangely complementing the finely honed skills of the minds that control them.

P.S. I am currently experimenting with a terrapin, however. It is very good, too. :)
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

"Delivers miracles" In that it stays flying.

Now the Imperial Courier is a fine choice. It has the interior quality and luxury of a fer-de-lance, and the performance of two supercobras. As the ad campaign says, the imperial courier is truly for the well-dressed commander.
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

The Terrapin has a blue oval scanner!
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

The Courier has 7 energy banks.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

The terrapin is amazing. In my opinion it is one of the best all round ships.
I also like the Hamadryid, but thats rather limited militarily, a dozen or so good trading runs can make a fortune.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

But does it have ads featuring penguins?
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

wackyman465 wrote:
Well that's because there's significant evidence suggesting that supercobra pilots can't fly, you ever seen a fugitive just sitting there in front of a station? You can cut him to ribbons with a laser before he even thinks about reacting.
Well there you go - Eric Walsh has released a new and shiny SuperCobra oxp with much improved AI - definitely not cannon fodder anymore. You've been out the loop for six months Wacky perhaps you may need to check up on some of your 'facts' before posting, or be prepared to be corrected.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Hoo boy a new supercobra AI? Where can I get that; I'd love to see those ships in the hands of skilled pilots.
I think the thing where they just sit still though is just a problem with the way AIs handle autopiloting, right?