Have I mentioned...

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Have I mentioned...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

... I REALLY hate Javascript. :evil:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Not lately.. :lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Have I mentioned...

Post by Lestradae »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
... I REALLY hate Javascript. :evil:
Before I forget: Is there a story, waiting to be told, perhaps? :wink:
Xexedi
Average
Average

Post by Xexedi »

Java-scripts not that bad once you know how it works.
Well I don't really know how it works but if your wanting to re-install it you first must delete the old one completely of your PC and also clear all history, cookies and cache. Then reinstall Java and you should be OK.
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Been working on SysRedux 2.0 script, and certain things just don't want to cooperate. I forget what I was dealing with when I posted this originally, I think it was a problem with a Do...While statement. Currently, I'm having fun with parsing the system.planets array into two other arrays, and having inconsistent results returned. I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but what - Gods only know right now.... And I dont' want to resume work on the art-phase of the project until I have the coding finalized.
Greyman
Dangerous
Dangerous

Healthy running

Post by Greyman »

Even though I'm definitely not in a position to give coding tips I might suggest this: Every time I really get stuck with doing something more or less complex I simply go out there running (in my case about 10km) Usualy I get my best ideas while running ...

If you're not the running kind of person :wink: you should definitely try it.

... or simply go out for a walk, go cycling, kickboxing, etc.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Greyman's right.

When you get stumped on a brain blaster, put it on the back burner for awhile and do something else not so mental. Eventually you'll have an eureka moment.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

I put it on a friend's monitor and suddenly I saw my problem. :P
Coding is complete, unless I find some goodies I want to append into it. Now, it's down to artwork. And more artwork... And more artwork... Oh, and some artwork. Then for a change of pace - Artwork!
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Correct, O Scaled One.

I heard someone on the radio recently, saying that "eureka" is the root of the word "heuristic". Interesting!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
I put it on a friend's monitor and suddenly I saw my problem. :P
Coding is complete, unless I find some goodies I want to append into it. Now, it's down to artwork. And more artwork... And more artwork... Oh, and some artwork. Then for a change of pace - Artwork!
Artwork? As in ship artwork? Anything I could help with?
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Not ships. Planets / Moons - If you read the whole thread, I'm working on System Redux 2.0.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

I'm interested in planet drawing. Personally, I think the current planets (vanilla install and system redux, dunno bout more recent stuff) are a tad bland, especially up close, like with the planet landing OXP.
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

I'm working on 40 new textures for the main planets. Doing them in "Ultra HD" as someone put it... 8k x 4k. I hope to make a 2.5 version eventually when planets support shaders. I had not really considered accepting submissions, but if you want to work something up, I'll certainly consider it.

Check out Anarlaqu in Famous Planets 2.0 for some of my earlier work. Or, here is a test rendering I did when I was about 30% through with that one...

And yes, I know I removed the cloud layers. They're back in final renders.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

That's impressive, I don;t think I could make something like that... or at least not for a while, when I have a lot more time on my hands and I'm back at my more powerful computer with Photoshop.
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Thanks. The release version of the OXP will have 3 texture "Packs" available... Probably at 4k x 2k, 1024x512, and 512x256. I know there are quite a few folks who won't want, or won't be able, to run the extreme textures.

The 8k x 4k stuff is just what I'm working at. Although it is fun to see 'em load. :P