shipdata & shipdata-overrides.plist

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

shipdata & shipdata-overrides.plist

Post by Lestradae »

Question: Is it possible to have the same ship entry (i.e. <key>Testship>/key>) in the shipdata.plist and shipdata-overrides.plist simultanously inside the same oxp?

Same question goes for shipyard.plist.

I need this so that certain ships are provided if only my OSE oxp is in, but if these same OSE ships are combined with the original oxp ships they are from, certain data like price/TL, energy banks etc. should stay the same (are overwritten).

Using only one of the two is no option, as either I would have to put OSE at the end of the load order again, overwriting everything else (which I don't want to do) and if I only use -overrides.plists, the game doesn't use them if there is no non-override.plist there.

:?:

L
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Do you mean that you are trying to supress variant ships introduced by OSE? For example those based on original ships, if those original ships are overwritten due to their original versions being available from the original OXP also being loaded?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: shipdata & shipdata-overrides.plist

Post by Eric Walch »

Lestradae wrote:
Question: Is it possible to have the same ship entry (i.e. <key>Testship>/key>) in the shipdata.plist and shipdata-overrides.plist simultanously inside the same oxp?
I assume yes. Oolite only looks at the keys of these plists, not which oxp they come from. So it should work the same in different oxps as in one single.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

@Thargoid:

Exactly. If, for example, Aquatics (which's player ships are in OSE as player and NPC versions but the oxp is still needed for all the rest of Aquatics stuff) is installed together with OSE the, say, Barracuda player ship will have been double installed.

Aquatics will overwrite OSE because I intentionally put OSE first in the load order so that it doesn't accidentially overwrite other stuff.

But, I want the Barracuda to still have some of the OSE values in such a case (so that standardised prices, TLs, and the simulated NPC "shields" will still work). So I need to put that into overrides.plists. But, the same entries need to be in OSE's "normal" shipdata/-yard.plists, as if Aquatics is not installed, the Barracuda should still be there.

What I therefore need is the same entry for the Barracuda in the shipdata.plist and the shipyard.plist and their respective override.plists both. And my question is: Will this work as I intend?

@Eric:

I assumed what you said and hope so - but want to be really sure ...

Good n8

L