MissionVarriables are not reset

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

MissionVarriables are not reset

Post by Eric Walch »

When a player dies, the MissionVarriables are not reset. Only on loading a old game the variables are reset, but when going further with a new Jameson, it inherits all mission variables of the dead commander.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Same on my machine - SVN2289
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Guys, can you provide a way to reproduce? I loaded a commander, checked that missionVariables.nova is NOVA_HERO, then launched, did 180 and crashed back at the station. When the new Jameson was started, executing missionVariables.nova on the console came back with null, which is what I would expect for a new Jameson. This with latest trunk (2290).
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

another_commander wrote:
Guys, can you provide a way to reproduce? I loaded a commander, checked that missionVariables.nova is NOVA_HERO, then launched, did 180 and crashed back at the station. When the new Jameson was started, executing missionVariables.nova on the console came back with null, which is what I would expect for a new Jameson. This with latest trunk (2290).
testreset.oxp (912Byte)
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

another_commander wrote:
My mistake. I crashed myself and noticed some missionVariables had a value. But on second look I saved Jameson before launching and looked at their values. There were about 20 but all were proper starting values for missions. Nothing wrong. I have been sitting in the sun to long this weekend.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Hihi, I think we've made the same mistake then :-) guiScreenChanged is fired before reset and when you set something there...

Edit: Changed the file above. It's not simple, but handles all 4 cases very well.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

a double classic number 50 then ;-)
Bounty Scanner
Number 935