Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

A Special Request for Commanders and/or Artists

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander Burton
Competent
Competent

A Special Request for Commanders and/or Artists

Post by Commander Burton »

Hi again.

I have a rather special request for those of you that may be interested.

I know there are many images/pictures of the Elite ships on the net, but I am rather hoping someone may take the time to do the following ;

I was hoping that someone could make wireframe diagrams of the original Elite ships (and more if you like). I would like a simple monochrome top, side, front, and rear line drawings of them. (Perhaps even a 45 degree view if possible). Rather akin to pencil diagrams on graph paper, if you know what I mean.

I myself am a rather terrible artist, but when I'm bored I always seem to doodle Elite ships.

This request is so that I can practice them more precisely, and also that I can print them out and frame them around my house (mad as I am :shock: ). Perhaps 2 to 4 ship diags per side of A4.

I sincerely hope someone will take up this challenge.

Thank you for your time.
Yours,

Cdr Burton
Elite
Since
MCMLXXXIV
KZ9999
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Lost in Witchspace being hunted by a Thargoid Swam.

Your wish is our command

Post by KZ9999 »

The simplest solution to your request is to down load a copy of the elite manual which will have the images you require.
* Acorn Manual in Gif Scans simple graphic scans of the orginal manual.
* C64 Manual in Word format the ship designs are in vectored format.

Both of these come directly from the Ian Bell's website and are as such considered to be 'canon'. Read what he has to say about the story of Elite at http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/

Hope this is what you are looking for.
KZ999's Oolite documents, including the new draft Oolite Game Manual, can be found at www.box.net