The silent majority?

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sendraks »

I'd concur with the spambot theory, although I can imagine a fair few are from people who signed up to get a specific question answered and then either a) forgot or b) found the answer.

I suspect some folk also signed up with the expectation of having some fun discussions about Elite and then got scared by the highly technical content of many of threads here. A lot of posts here leave me slack jawed and drooling when I try to understand them, but then I'm coming to the world of coding and 3d model building completely cold.
Xexedi
Average
Average

Post by Xexedi »

Sendraks wrote:
I'd concur with the spambot theory, although I can imagine a fair few are from people who signed up to get a specific question answered and then either a) forgot or b) found the answer.

I suspect some folk also signed up with the expectation of having some fun discussions about Elite and then got scared by the highly technical content of many of threads here. A lot of posts here leave me slack jawed and drooling when I try to understand them, but then I'm coming to the world of coding and 3d model building completely cold.
Yes, I would have to agree with that having looked around a little bit to day here there dose seem to be a lot of talented ppl around here.
It could leave some ppl feeling a bit thick :oops: lol Not me of course I tells ye :?

Still I have asked 2 questions here to day and had them both answered.
I am impressed with this place :)
KZ9999
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Lost in Witchspace being hunted by a Thargoid Swam.

Post by KZ9999 »

Xexedi wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Yes, I would have to agree with that having looked around a little bit to day here there dose seem to be a lot of talented ppl around here.
It could leave some ppl feeling a bit thick :oops: lol Not me of course I tells ye :?
The fact is, everyone can contribute in someway or another. I'm a classic case in point. I've revamped the OoliteRS, working on the `vapourware' game manual, and got stuff in the Oolite Icon competition. I would never call myself a great artist or designer, and I sure as heck a poor coder, but I'm doing this stuff because I want to contribute in some way. Even if a member doesn't feel like they create stuff, there is still a need for them. Voice (typing :?) an opinion or suggestion helps push us creative types in directions they would otherwise miss. There is always a need for people to play test the oxps, and quality check other stuff (like spell checking my work :) ). People should never be afraid to contribute in some small way. After all this is the the friendliest board this side of Riedquat™. No one going to flame them for what they have to say; unlike a lot of boards I could mention.
KZ999's Oolite documents, including the new draft Oolite Game Manual, can be found at www.box.net