Help! Fuel leak!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cows
Dangerous
Dangerous

Help! Fuel leak!

Post by Cows »

Well, I arrived out of witchspace with the message : Danger! Fuel Leak!
Then I lost all of my fuel. Will I continue to leak fuel as long as I fill up, or does it only happen once, then stop?
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

You should be ok next time you fill up - have you been offered the opportunity to do a maintenance overhaul on your ship yet?
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Cows
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cows »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
...have you been offered the opportunity to do a maintenance overhaul on your ship yet?
No, not yet, but I was able to fill back up at the station about a 1/2 hour later. I just hope it doesn't start happening more often.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Once you let all fuel drain away, you'll be fine to refuel after that.. but if you used a fuel-pod to top up before your tank was empty, that would leak out too...

Apart from if you ignore maintenance, there is a very small percentage chance of a leak every time you witch-jump.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Once you let all fuel drain away, you'll be fine to refuel after that.. but if you used a fuel-pod to top up before your tank was empty, that would leak out too...
I think it is because the tank repair chemicals dissolve in the quirium fluid and are washed away with the last fuel droplets. Only when the tank is completely empty the chemicals can seal the tank and become firm.