1st mission.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

junglist_grans
Poor
Poor

1st mission.

Post by junglist_grans »

Been getting stuck into oolite for a few weeks now really enjoying it but stuck on the very first mission - I can't find the constrictor. Jumped through all 8 galaxy's to find out where the jump goes from xeer went to Diuste but no joy. I have now begun a spiral search extending out from Diuste but getting a bit hacked off.

One other comment not sure I like this corridor of activity and then zero around it, do others generally like it or not.
junglist_grans
Poor
Poor

Post by junglist_grans »

Not to worry I've picked up the trail - didn't excpect it to be on the planet info screen :roll:
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

The Constrictor is in Galaxy Two. However, to find it again you have to poke around for a while. Check the description of your current system when you jump in to see if there's any news on it.

EDIT: I see you already found it. Well, happy hunting.
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die tomorrow
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: 1st mission.

Post by Diziet Sma »

Welcome to the board! :)
junglist_grans wrote:
One other comment not sure I like this corridor of activity and then zero around it, do others generally like it or not.
You can fix that by installing the Deep Space Pirates OXP.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Simon B
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Simon B »

Does DSP contain ship models or just fiddle the odds? You understand my interest...
Simon Bridge
[re2dux] [neolite]
"Everything is perfect down to every last flaw..."
HBT: The Book of Verse - Principia Discordia
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Simon B wrote:
Does DSP contain ship models or just fiddle the odds? You understand my interest...
No models, it just 'fiddles the odds'... read the page at my link above for details... (RTFM hehehe) :wink:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied