The dedicated netbook oolite machine

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

The dedicated netbook oolite machine

Post by Rustybolts »

Anyone else playing this on a netbook? Have you installed realistic shipyards does this reduce performance much? I installed your ad here but am using an older version as the griff outposts dont render very well.
I'm running on a Acer Aspire One, the wife can watch the telly while i trade around the ooniverse all from the comfort of my sofa. :D
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Yeah, me, on an Advent 4211 (actually a rebadged MSI Wind), under Linux.

It sucked for me on early (say March) versions of the Intel drivers, but with Mesa 7.5 and 7.6 and kernel 2.6.31 it's pretty good - I've got Your Ad Here installed fine.

If you're on Windows that might be the problem, think Linux Intel gfx has now crept ahead of Windows having started from a LONG way behind!
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Not many of us then.
Well it originally was running linpus but i installed xp on it (just to run games, i actually prefer linux i use ubuntu on main pc). I suppose the solid state drive wont help with performance issues.
I'm getting usually around 30-50 fps but if the galaxy is highly populated 150 plus obj usually in anarchy system this drops to 17-25 fps.
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Rustybolts wrote:
Not many of us then.
Well it originally was running linpus but i installed xp on it (just to run games, i actually prefer linux i use ubuntu on main pc). I suppose the solid state drive wont help with performance issues.
I'm getting usually around 30-50 fps but if the galaxy is highly populated 150 plus obj usually in anarchy system this drops to 17-25 fps.
SSD unlikely to be the issue, oolite doesn't really go to disk or cause swappiness for me and I only have 1GB RAM!

Don't you just love the retro feel when it drops to 10 fps... :)