GCW (GalCop) Interstellar Laws

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

KZ9999
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Lost in Witchspace being hunted by a Thargoid Swam.

GCW (GalCop) Interstellar Laws

Post by KZ9999 »

Since there seems to be nothing more needed to be done on Uncle Blix's Upgrade Guide (follow thread) I present my explanation of GCW's laws in relation to Oolite Commanders.

It's a pretty simple one this time but I hope it explains all the necessary stuff to the Jamesons out there. I'm actually quite pleased on how I've managed to explain some of the game quirks in the terms of semi-plausible legalise. I'm trying out a new file storage site so if the above link doesn't work, just hit the link in my sig' line and grab it from there (it's only a small RTF file this time:))

As before, any questions, suggestions, if I've missed something out or the usual typos and errors in grammar, post a message in the thread.
KZ999's Oolite documents, including the new draft Oolite Game Manual, can be found at www.box.net
PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by PhantorGorth »

Excellent work KZ9999 8)

That really explains very clearly the legal aspects of the game which previously were woefully lacking.

Phantor Gorth
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

Looks good.

A few things though.
2. {Culture Note: Since the most public face of the GCW is the Galactic Cooperative of Worlds Police (GalCoP), it has become common practice to refer to the GCW as the GalCop even though it is grammatically incorrect to do so.}
It's not grammatically incorrect. It's politically and legally incorrect.

It would be interesting if you actually could build up a store of legal credit with GalCop. However, there would need to be some upper limit on that.

In paragraph number ten, there's a line break in the middle of your sentence there.

It's a very good summary on the whole. Nice job.
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die tomorrow