Fuel Tanks Enhanced

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Fuel Tanks Enhanced

Post by Nemoricus »

This is a little OXP I made based off of the original Fuel Tanks.

It makes use of the new weapon check functionality in trunk to make multi-use fuel tanks. It also lets you refill them, though at the present moment they are jettisoned if you completely empty them.

Just place this in your AddOns folder and dock at a TL 5 or higher station to take a look.
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die tomorrow
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

is it a replacer?
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

No, it can be used completely separately or in conjunction. They're independent of each other.

Let me know what you think.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi Nemoricus,

not sure if I understand what the test oxp is supposed to do :oops:

It does sell me a "Fueltank 1" and "Fueltank 2". I assume the latter is a bug due to a typo in shipdata.plist.

The former (FT 1) is a 12 times self-reloading fuel tank on my system - effectively making this a 36 LYs fuel tank :shock:

Not sure if that is the supposed behaviour?

If yes, I would think it overpowered, giving out too much for not enough effort. For OSE, I created a 7 LYs fuel tank, but they cost in the region of 500 Cr each and you have to buy a 75000 Cr heavy "Hyperdrive Class 2" to be able to use them, and the "HC 2" is only available in one system per galactic chart, so you have to travel a bit before you get one.

The above is just my opinion about fuel balance, mind.

Sorry about the criticism - what is the purpose of this test oxp?

Curious 8)

L
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

@Lestradae: It's supposed to be that you buy a 3-ly tank, of which you can have a maximum of twelve. Each one has its own internal capacity that drains as you use it. When depleted, they are jettisoned.

When you dock at a station, you will be offered the opportunity to refill all of the tanks you have. You can also replace the tanks that you jettisoned.

I'm not sure why it's filling up twelve times for you. It was working just fine when I uploaded it, with the exception of some code that I commented out, which doesn't affect anything.

The other purpose is to test the new weapons check code that Ahruman just put in. In fact, this little OXP is the reason I knew about those problems.