Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Assassins Guild OXP (Final Updated Version)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Tool
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Tool »

next question :oops:

My current mission:

"ensure that Supergrass Bi`Xeanu never enters the witness box in the Estiri system."

Well, I made it to destroy this court ship besides the Estiri military station an I made it to deposit.

But nothing happens. The mission still stands in my ships manifest. Did I miss something? What?

thanks!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Are you sure you got the right ship? Pretty sure the code's okay, but you need to destroy the Aeron Class Frigate not the Battle Bot Control Drones. It should show as a Guild Target when you target it with your ID computer.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Sin
Average
Average

Post by Sin »

Commander McLane wrote:
And there is the missing moraytug in shipdata. Can be c&p'd from tugs.oxp. Then, however, its model should be changed to moray_redux.dat (or moray_redux1.dat), if you don't want to c&p the model and texture of the Moray Transporter as well.
I am getting this error too. I have downloaded tugs.oxp and c&p'd the moraytug entry. Not sure what you mean about the models though, I can't see anything with that name in assassins or tugs?
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Just for the record 1.73 trunk complains

Code: Select all

[script.debug.syntax.badComparison]: ***** SCRIPT ERROR: in assassins, unknown comparison operator 'less', will return NO.
[script.debug.syntax.badComparison]: ***** SCRIPT ERROR: in assassins, unknown comparison operator 'less', will return NO.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Ark wrote:
Just for the record 1.73 trunk complains

Yes, that’s the bug I pointed out here and here. :-)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Stumbled across a bug in "newbug2AI.plist" (no pun intended :wink: ).

In state "LOOK_FOR_TARGETS7", instead of

"NOTHING_FOUND" = ("HEAD_FOR_PLANET"); 
it has to read

"NOTHING_FOUND" = ("setStateTo: HEAD_FOR_PLANET"); 
Or, in the log's words:
[ai.unpermittedMethod]: Handler "NOTHING_FOUND" for state "LOOK_FOR_TARGETS7" in AI "newbug2AI.plist" uses "HEAD_FOR_PLANET", which is not a permitted AI method. In a future version of Oolite, this method will be removed from the handler. If you believe the handler should be a permitted method, please report it to [email protected].
Nice, informative log-entry, by the way. Thanks to the devs! :)
JQW
Average
Average

Post by JQW »

There's a couple of issues with the latest release of Assassins' Guild against the current trunk.

Firstly it's impossible to complete the mission with the nova bomb. The nova bomb gets triggered as soon as it's carrier gets killed, making it impossible to jump out of the area in time.

Secondly the log features the following error message at startup:

[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data...
   [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "powerdown1" specifies non-existent model "cobra3_redux1.dat".
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

JQW wrote:
Secondly the log features the following error message at startup:

[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data...
   [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "powerdown1" specifies non-existent model "cobra3_redux1.dat".
The name has changed between v1.72->v1.73 to "cobra3_redux.dat". You'll get the same with buoyRepair and probably other oxps too. So, change the shipdata.
Zieman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zieman »

Or make a copy of the "cobra3_redux.dat" in your ..\Resources\Models -folder and name it "cobra3_redux1.dat".
...and keep it under lightspeed!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat

[EliteWiki] Far Arm ships
[EliteWiki] Z-ships
[EliteWiki] Baakili Far Trader
[EliteWiki] Tin of SPAM
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Zieman wrote:
Or make a copy of the "cobra3_redux.dat" in your ..\Resources\Models -folder and name it "cobra3_redux1.dat".
That will be wrong as both files point to different texture files. However, I think it was the intention to roll back the removal of those files. Several others are already put back in trunk and I assume this one will be back in a release version also.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Hmm. It was supposed to be restored in December along with the rest. In any case, it was not removed in 1.73 or any other release.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Ahruman wrote:
Hmm. It was supposed to be restored in December along with the rest. In any case, it was not removed in 1.73 or any other release.
Yupp, you're right. Only in trunk it was(is?) missing. Was it because of the vertex/face normals?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

No, it was removed because having two identical models with different textures is no longer necessary, since you can use a single model and the materials dictionary instead. It’s back now for the OXPs that use it, though.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

A question!

Post by Fatleaf »

I hope I don't annoy anyone with this question! I would understand if it is not answered. Jurer ner gur Frperg zvffvbaf? V unir pbzcyrgrq gjvpr vg ohg fgvyy pna'g svaq gurz.

I loved this mission and would like to thank LittleBear for an excellent oxp.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Cebonoyrl uvqqra srngherf jbhyq unir orra n orggre cuenfr. Gurer ner gjb. Vs lbh n pyrnire jvgu n d-zvar vg vf cbffvoyr gb qrfgebl gur Ercnve Lneq (pna qb guvf ng nal gvzr). Vs lbh qb gura gur cynarg qrfpevcgvba vf punatrq gb ersyrpg lbhe npg bs znff zheqre naq lbh jvyy bppnfvbanyyl rapbhagre bccbfvgvba sebz Ercnve Lneq Xenvgf uhagvat lbh juvyfg va T7. Gur bgure vf gur snpg gung bire gvzr nyy gur flfgrzf jvgu va whzc enatr bs gur flfgrz jurer gur znq onggyrobgf rfpncrq, nyfb orpbzr vasrfgrq jvgu znq obgf. Gur cynarg qrfpevcgvbaf punatr fhogryl nf guvf unccraf. Lbh pna obhagl uhag gurz vs lbh yvxr. Gur ynfg cebcre zvffvba jnf gur bar jurer lbh bognvarq gur enax bs Gur Unaq.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.