Lethal breakfast cereals...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ..

Post by ovvldc »

Eric Walch wrote:
Could either take this explosion out at all or time-delay it a few seconds or even issue a warning "Reactor breach imminent - mayday, mayday!" -> *boom*
Please change!

I share my opinion with Cmdr James that it is a bug to deploy a q-bomb after death. It makes no sense. It should be a defence weapon to save ones live.
I would explain it as a retailatory strike. So if I die, you do too. Used to be a pretty popular concept in strategic thinking (MAD)...

Best wishes,
Oscar
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Err... Just wondering, which oxp produces the deadly cereal??
I don't run RS as there are too many useless ships like taxi's and preachers, can't stand preachers, not even in RW
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Alex wrote:
Err... Just wondering, which oxp produces the deadly cereal??
I don't run RS as there are too many useless ships like taxi's and preachers, can't stand preachers, not even in RW
They do come with RS/OSE, but I'm not sure which oxp they originally come from. I also find the taxis annoying, but the preachers sometimes turn aggressive, especially those lobster believers, and they have funny last words like "I die for the lobster" ;)

Screet
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

They Damn Preachers...
Funnily, the more of them you introduce to whatever god, the more they try to find you. And they never seem to have anything worth taking!

Happy hunting

A