Trident Down - award homing beacon

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Zanasj
Above Average
Above Average

Trident Down - award homing beacon

Post by Zanasj »

Hi.
I'm playing Trident Down on Oolite 1.72 on WinXP. One mission text said that I'd be given a homing beacon. It didn't show up on my ship's equipment list, so I assumed it would be automatically launched near the enemy fleet. Nope. Any logs that might have shed light into this were lost during a couple of days of play.

I then edited my savegame, and adjusted the missile roles, removing one of my four ECM-hardened missiles, and replacing it with the beacon. It worked!

I launched the beacon mine. Whoops - it was at this point I noticed that I had forgotten to install Saleza Aeronautics, so the mission did not continue properly. No wonder the enemy fleet consisted of basically one big ship...
Outer Space Anchovies Against Global Warming
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Sounds like you've fixed things OK. The problem's caused by the fact that if you already have a full set of mines or missiles, awarding another won't replace the existing ones. Unfortunately the script function that removes equipment doesn't work on pylon-mounted weapons, so there's no way of making space automatically.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

You could always award EQ_MISSILE_REMOVAL.

It would make a space, although have the unfortunate side-effect of emptying all the other pylons as well.