Your Ad Here! v4.0

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Your Ad Here! v4.0

Post by Diziet Sma »

After considerable difficulty locating a copy of the YAH oxp featuring the ad-festooned version of the Griff Trade Outpost, (thanks, DaddyHoggy!) I decided to make it much easier for others to find by adding it to the list of OXP's at the Oolite Wiki

So, if you've been wanting to see for yourself just how cool all those neon signs look, now you can! ..enjoy.. :D
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

If this is the shader demo outpost, the one with the signs all about it, there should be a youtube movie of it in action....

ergo presto
Riding the Rocket!
Simon B
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Simon B »

Is YAH under active development - I as thinking of making the ads more system sensitive by economy and government type.

So commercial systems are crawling with the suckers - including sponsored police vehicles, and so on. I note there is a commercial-free edition of the trade-post.

It has also been suggested that I work-over the bouys for neolite, with an eye to optional commercials.
Simon Bridge
[re2dux] [neolite]
"Everything is perfect down to every last flaw..."
HBT: The Book of Verse - Principia Discordia
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Simon B wrote:
Is YAH under active development - I as thinking of making the ads more system sensitive by economy and government type.

So commercial systems are crawling with the suckers - including sponsored police vehicles, and so on. I note there is a commercial-free edition of the trade-post.

It has also been suggested that I work-over the bouys for neolite, with an eye to optional commercials.
The plan is that people keep adding ads to the YAH thread - when it gets to 54 (50 main ads, 4 for the new shader asteroid ads) and hopefully in the interrim people have also created 1 ad-ring, 1 animated roof-board, one new store brand name, 1 skinned sidewinder for the new store. We have enough of everything for the unreleased set G except (from memory) a full compliment of 50(+4 ads), virign territory after that.

There's a back-story for the non-ad Trade Outposts, Galcop bought the very successful stations to replace the Coriolis stations but then stripped them of advertising, all the traders who kept the stations profitable left and suddenly the whole thing went horribly wrong for Galcop...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Simon B
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Simon B »

Ok, I'll stay clear then - would it be worth-while to make bouys with blank spaces for ads to be scripted in later? Or, maybe, just mount-points for billboards?

I was considering replacing all the corporate government coriolis stastions with griff trading posts (with ads) and half the remaining with the same sans ads...

... and daydreaming redoing the other stations in the same style...
Simon Bridge
[re2dux] [neolite]
"Everything is perfect down to every last flaw..."
HBT: The Book of Verse - Principia Discordia
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Thanks Diziet Sma!!!!

DaddyHoggy wrote:
We have enough of everything for the unreleased set G except (from memory) a full compliment of 50(+4 ads), virign territory after that
The ads for set G are in the YAH tread. I am just incapable of collecting them :oops: and DH you always forget the roof billboard :lol: :lol: :lol:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
There's a back-story for the non-ad Trade Outposts, Galcop bought the very successful stations to replace the Coriolis stations but then stripped them of advertising, all the traders who kept the stations profitable left and suddenly the whole thing went horribly wrong for Galcop...
This wonderful background story written by Disembodied was in the wiki page for a very short period of time among with ver 1.1 of the non commercial trade outpost but lost in the crash. Do not worry I have both of them in my hard disk
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Ark wrote:
Thanks Diziet Sma!!!!
You're very welcome. :D
Ark wrote:
This wonderful background story written by Disembodied was in the wiki page for a very short period of time among with ver 1.1 of the non commercial trade outpost but lost in the crash. Do not worry I have both of them in my hard disk
If you have problems getting a new account on the Wiki, I'd be happy to help put them back...
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Ark wrote:
The ads for set G are in the YAH tread. I am just incapable of collecting them :oops: and DH you always forget the roof billboard :lol: :lol: :lol:
I never forget - it's physcologically (sp?) removed from my brain - due to the trauma of trying to produce one... :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
(sp?) removed from my brain - due to the trauma of trying to produce one... :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: