Help from one of the graphics wizards wanted - SOLVED

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Help from one of the graphics wizards wanted - SOLVED

Post by Lestradae »

Hi,

can anyone of the people who love to play around with ship models help me with this?

The bandersnatch.oxp has a pirate ship which's subentities have a wrong orientation somehow, it causes the bandersnatch to have vibrating and moving subentities.

You can download the oxp from here:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/n2pkiqyyar.zip

If someone could have a look into the issue and repair those subentities for me so that they work as intended, I would be grateful - and so would the players of bandersnatch.oxp and future OSE (post-RS), too.

Thanks in advance

L
Last edited by Lestradae on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It looks fine to me on my system.

But I think I know the issue you mean from other ships, iirc it may be a problem with the refresh rate and the ships parameters (speed and pitch/roll) combined with how the AI is flying it (you can more commonly see it with docking ships under dockingAI, as has been mentioned recently elsewhere). It seems to happen when it's trying to point the ship in a specific direction and due to framerate etc you get overshoot (the vibration is it trying to correct that and get on the right vector).

Have a play with its parameters and see if that makes any difference on your system. On mine it's a working ship, albeit one that may be more fun if it was frangible.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Thargoid wrote:
Have a play with its parameters and see if that makes any difference on your system ... albeit one that may be more fun if it was frangible.
Thanks for the tip T, that did the trick :D

And they are frangible now 8)