disappearing con stores

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

harry747
Deadly
Deadly

disappearing con stores

Post by harry747 »

i'm in the second galaxy. when i save while docked at telace, and then reload, the con store is gone. this happens every time. not sure if it happens in other systems. i have to jump to another system (i usually choose gerebied) to bring it back. a bug in the OXP?
MacBook pro, OSX 10.8.5, Xcode 5
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: disappearing con stores

Post by Screet »

harry747 wrote:
i'm in the second galaxy. when i save while docked at telace, and then reload, the con store is gone. this happens every time. not sure if it happens in other systems. i have to jump to another system (i usually choose gerebied) to bring it back. a bug in the OXP?
Sounds like the old RS behaviour, which did place SIRFs when witchspacing, but not when loading. Those must be different events, and if the script is not configured accordingly, they are not created.

Screet
Pegleg
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Pegleg »

Using WinXP and version 1.72.2 and only Your Ad Here with Oo-haul (no RS oxp) , I find this behavior in any galaxy and planet with a store. They all disappear when you reload from a saved game until you jump away from the system and return. I just assumed that the stores would only repopulate when you jumped into new systems.
Shoot first and pick up the goodies later...
overmage
Deadly
Deadly

Post by overmage »

what they said -> the stores are only spawned on witchjump and not game load.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi Pegleg,
Pegleg wrote:
Using WinXP and version 1.72.2 and only Your Ad Here with Oo-haul (no RS oxp) , I find this behavior in any galaxy and planet with a store. They all disappear ...
Screet didn't mean that RS was causing the disappearances but that Your Ad Here probably spawns the constores the same way the older RS did - hence the disappearing act.

It should be easy to change the script so that they stay, shouldn't it?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Screet wrote:
Sounds like the old RS behaviour, which did place SIRFs when witchspacing, but not when loading. Those must be different events, and if the script is not configured accordingly, they are not created.
It is the same, they are different events and it's not configured accordingly (at the moment) :)

The stores spawning (by script.plist) has the requirement (amongst others) of "status_string equal STATUS_EXITING_WITCHSPACE". To add the missing store on load, a second check would have to be done that the player is docked, they are docked at the main station, that the other criteria for constores appearing are fulfilled (system govt and population) and finally that there wasn't already a constore present.

Either that or swap from legacy to Javascript and make use of the this.reset and this.shipWillExitWitchspace events.

Although as said it does only affect the system on game re-load, so whether it's worth doing is another question.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

This bug (among many others) has been corrected in the new version of your adhere (ver. 4).
Since Doc nil is still missing I really have to find the time to update the wiki page (again!!! :x :x ) but for the time being time is a luxury I do not have
The link for the new version of your ad here and oohaul can be found here:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t= ... start=1035
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Thargoid wrote:
Although as said it does only affect the system on game re-load, so whether it's worth doing is another question.
I don't know how many people would fly from the main station to a constore upon load without jumping. With SIRFs the big difference was that these are missed instantly as they did sit within the S area of the station.

However, fixing this surely would only take some minutes (if the person knows what's to be done) and it would remove much confusion. For everyone asking (like with this thread) there are surely many who don't ask but also wonder what's up. Thus, I'd always say that it's worth it!

Screet
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Screet wrote:
Thargoid wrote:
I don't know how many people would fly from the main station to a constore upon load without jumping. With SIRFs the big difference was that these are missed instantly as they did sit within the S area of the station.

However, fixing this surely would only take some minutes (if the person knows what's to be done) and it would remove much confusion. For everyone asking (like with this thread) there are surely many who don't ask but also wonder what's up. Thus, I'd always say that it's worth it!

Screet
I fly with a full hold to the constores all the time just in case they're offering silly money on what I'm carrying - if they are - I sell there - load up with something appropriate and fly back in system - or - based on price - fill up from there and then jump out. But I guess I didn't start doing that until the new stores came into being and therefore this bug has never affected me.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

harry747 wrote:
This bug is not only in this one. There are many more oxp's with that bug. Last week I found this bug in Deposed.oxp. Thus be prepared when you look for a ship starting from a saved file that sometimes you first must jump out and back in.
I think most newer oxps are not making this mistake.

There have been also oxp's with this bug the other way round: adding things every time the player launches without checking if it already was added :cry: .