simulating "multiplayer"

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Squeek
Competent
Competent

simulating "multiplayer"

Post by Squeek »

Lots of players have stated wishes for multi-player gameplay, but what about adding non-player ships with similar play-styles to yourself into an OXP? To sort of simulate multiplayer?

I'm thinking of doing it, as soon as I figure out/develop my play style.

I don't know, just throwing an idea out there.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Welcome Squeek!

I'm sure the Oolite commoonity would appreciate some new AIs that give that human feel to some of the NPC behaviours.

Good luck, you'll find lots of clever god-like people on the boards Eric Walsh eta l who seem to be up to their elbows in AI most of the time.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

In the Archimedes version of Elite you would sometimes have another Cobra MkIII pop in, shoot a load of pirates for you and fly off again, that was always pretty cool and a lot like what you're suggesting. So go for it, I think it's a great idea.
bacontube
Above Average
Above Average

Post by bacontube »

ramon wrote:
In the Archimedes version of Elite you would sometimes have another Cobra MkIII pop in, shoot a load of pirates for you and fly off again, that was always pretty cool and a lot like what you're suggesting. So go for it, I think it's a great idea.
This. I agree it'd be nice to see such things randomly. It'd add a more alive feel to space. Perhaps the occasional hail of a passerby even just saying hello. After all, space is a cold, lonely sea.