Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

BOA CLASS CRUISER

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

BOA CLASS CRUISER

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

This is my transport of choice.
Great in combat (which I of course avoid, being a good corporate citizen)
Nifty
Handsome
Well equipped
I tested a SuperCobra and enjoyed the experience, but still prefer my BoaCC. It would be nice to have some extra cargo space, though, and some more pylon mounts.
And speed.
The SuperCobra was comfortable at .45c and I also run an AspMkII as a test platform for new weapons, which often necessitates applying all of its .4c to avoid unforseen consequences!!!
If the BoaCC had an upgrade (Mussurana style) with additional thrust it might be able to accommodate 250tons and still lick Flash Harry in his SuperCobra (although I can usually coax him into eating a Qmine :twisted: )
That would be quite useful.

It would also be useful if I could learn how to create the modification myself; I do not know how to do that.

Any comments I will digest at once - additional skills always beneficial.

And does anyone else esteem the BoaCC as I do? EliteWiki comments seem quite positive.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: BOA CLASS CRUISER

Post by Screet »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
And speed.
The SuperCobra was comfortable at .45c and I also run an AspMkII as a test platform for new weapons, which often necessitates applying all of its .4c to avoid unforseen consequences!!!

It would also be useful if I could learn how to create the modification myself; I do not know how to do that.
For the built-in ships, I like the BCC the most. It's also very good for running over tiny fighter ships which are too difficult to target. Mining by running over asteroids also works ;)

As to the speed, I guess all ships should have some speed upgrade, as the game runs well with faster ships and is - to me - more fun.

Search for the "shipdata.plist" in your oolite folder and open it with a text editor...search for the bcc and I guess you can easily figure out on how to change the values yourself.

I made the mistake to switch to a Dredger Trader which has the cargo capacity you ask for - but it's not behaving that well in combat.

Screet
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

I can't find shipdata.plist in folder :shock:
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
I can't find shipdata.plist in folder :shock:
For the built-in models with my Vista-UAC safe installation folder, it is in this folder:

Code: Select all

C:\Oolite\oolite.app\Resources\Config
Screet
govert
Competent
Competent

Post by govert »

Got the BoaCC!
Full iron ass , except the cloaking device.

Turns a bit too fast for my keyboard controls though. I hope I'll get used to it.
govert
Competent
Competent

Post by govert »

oops. wrong thread :oops: