An odd offer but...

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
And I failed to answer your whole question: The DCC (Defence Capability Centre) is built at the back (front?) of the old Gun Sheds/Ammo Hall - next to (and infact in the old carpark of) Malborough Hall. If that makes any sense to you...

There are no Welsh people here, so I'm pretty sure it's not Torchwood... :wink:

Although the new JSCSC looks a lot like (from the front - couldn't find a decent photo) like the saucer from the 80s TV show - 'V'...
It does make sense (Went on google maps). It's changed a lot. Have to go up and have a look before I move back home.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

It looks like the tank museum, i was there last year watching the tank show - which was pretty cool. I got very sun burnt though. Yes I know they sell hats in the museum shop, I bought one (just before I went home - it's the sun, doesn't make you think).

Annnnyway, I'd love some photos, I'd find them very very useful. Try and take the pictures flat, so stand back and zoom in (I think that flattens a picture, maybe just stand back). If you're close and zoom out I think you get into the distorted fish-eye realm.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Quite a lot of stuff goes from Bovington (Tank Museum) to here at Shrivenham - and indeed vice-versa.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here