F12 full screen toggle misbehaving

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

F12 full screen toggle misbehaving

Post by zarkov »

I've just installed Oolite on a netbook running on XP. The F12 fullscreen toggle doesn't work. Hitting that just quits the programme. Any suggestions would be welcome
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: F12 full screen toggle misbehaving

Post by Screet »

Welcome to the board!
zarkov wrote:
I've just installed Oolite on a netbook running on XP. The F12 fullscreen toggle doesn't work. Hitting that just quits the programme. Any suggestions would be welcome
That's probably a driver issue. With XP X64 and ATI drivers I did experience similar behaviour.

Screet
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Hmm, what's your notebook's resolution? & can you actually go to fullscreen using the f2 menu?

PS: hello zarkov, and welcome to the board, I believe it's the friendliest this side of Riedquat... :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
zarkov
Above Average
Above Average

f12 toggle

Post by zarkov »

Thanks very much screet and kaks

I've just installed version 1.7 which works fine. There's a button on this new machine which switches screen resolution, so if I have to return to the .65 version I'll give that button a whirl. Whilst I'm here, am I right in assuming it's shift "m" mouse for mouse control? The mouse isn't responding to it. I've a joystick for desk top battling but this wee machine is grand for nocturnal fights in bed. Finally, any ideas why my stated rating when posting my query was harmless, when it is dangerous - not that it is of any consequence.
What a grand site this forum is!javascript:emoticon(':)')
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Hi zarkov,

what OS are you running - Mouse control only works in full screen mode and not on every OS (I think).

Your rating - notice it's already "Mostly Harmless" is based on the number of postings you make to this forum, nothing to do with your actual Oolite rating (which nobody but you has any access to!).

Keep posting and keep rising up through the ratings.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
H
what OS are you running - Mouse control only works in full screen mode and not on every OS (I think).
Mouse control works fine windowed or full screen on my mac. But it makes me feel sea-sick :oops:
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Cmdr James wrote:
Mouse control works fine windowed or full screen on my mac. But it makes me feel sea-sick :oops:
It only works in windowed mode in debug builds. Enabling it generally would require some work to make it suck less, in particular capturing and hiding the cursor.