And I thought I'd seen it all...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Matt2001
Poor
Poor

And I thought I'd seen it all...

Post by Matt2001 »

Wandering through Galaxy 1 on a routine trading run, spotted a blip on the radar, activated my trusty Ship Ident thingimajig and lo and behold...it turns out to be a Shreddies Cereal Box! Complete with cute little wings and engines, like something out of a hippy trip lol.
I got a screenshot but haven't figured out how to post it here yet :oops:

Oolite just gets more weird and even more wonderful every time I play :D

*Update* Came across the same 'ship' in the next system being chased and shot down by a very cool ship 'The Liberator'. Looked awesome, I was so mesmerised I forgot to snap it! :x
Last edited by Matt2001 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Matt --
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

To post your screenshot the piccie needs to be hoste don the web already (most of us use photobucket). Your picture then has a proper url which when put between the [ img] [/ img] tabs makes, as if by magic, your picutre appear.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Matt2001
Poor
Poor

Post by Matt2001 »

Aha, thanks for the info! I'll look into that. The snapshot I got isn't that great and I saw the 'ship' again in the next system so hopefully I can get a better one and post that.
-- Matt --
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Matt2001 wrote:
Aha, thanks for the info! I'll look into that. The snapshot I got isn't that great and I saw the 'ship' again in the next system so hopefully I can get a better one and post that.
If it's shot down, there's a lot of shreddies flying around in space! Luxury trumble food! ;)

Screet
Matt2001
Poor
Poor

Post by Matt2001 »

Screet wrote:
Matt2001 wrote:
If it's shot down, there's a lot of shreddies flying around in space! Luxury trumble food! ;)

Screet
LOL!!

Oh those flippin' trumbles! I bought one of them thinking a pet would be cute but it wasn't long before I realised what I'd gotten myself into lol. I have to admit I kinda cheated and reverted to a previous save to get rid of them. This of course was before I had learnt that the best cure for a trumble is a cooked trumble :wink:
-- Matt --
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

Matt2001 wrote:
Oh those flippin' trumbles! I bought one of them thinking a pet would be cute but it wasn't long before I realised what I'd gotten myself into lol. I have to admit I kinda cheated and reverted to a previous save to get rid of them. This of course was before I had learnt that the best cure for a trumble is a cooked trumble :wink:
It gets better, just delivered a small quantity of stuffed Trumbles in Gal 4 for a nice 15,000cr

ps Scoop the shreddies & sell them as luxuries :wink:
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Tivva wrote:
It gets better, just delivered a small quantity of stuffed Trumbles in Gal 4 for a nice 15,000cr
I thought Hesperus had the exclusive rights for that? ;) How did you manage to do it?

Screet
tomsk
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by tomsk »

Screet wrote:
Tivva wrote:
I thought Hesperus had the exclusive rights for that? ;) How did you manage to do it?

Screet
Doesn't Hesperus only deal in live Trumbles?
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

tomsk wrote:
Doesn't Hesperus only deal in live Trumbles?
AFAIK not...he once offered trumbles at a nice price plus a little extra price for BBQ sauce!

However, I never managed to create furs from fried trumbles, as was possible with Elite, where the trumbles also did attract pirates...

Screet