Replacing Constores with Griff Trade outposts@Griff and Doc

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Impressive, most impressive!!! (Who do I think I am darth Vader?)
What I want to say is excellent work disembodied
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

As ever Disembodied, you're a literary god when it comes to these matters - Bravo!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Ark wrote:
Then we still need a roof billboard. Is it possible for you to make a Griffsignal (you know like the batman signal in the movies) .I believe that we are going to need it.
A bit of fun - but I couldn't resist - it's not very good but made me smile doing it!

Selezen wrote:
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

:D That's great D_H!
Sorry i haven't been popping into the thread much lately, i've been completely absorbed in normal mapping a police viper and the shaders have been using up my limited brain power, i want to get the flashing lights into the shaders, put working out how to flash them on and off is driving me bananas, i think the solution is in the freaky thargoid shader example, but it all goes super psychedelic whenever i try and experiment with it!

hmm, you haven't got an Ahruman signal too have you? mind you i'd probably wear out the bulb in it having it switched on constantly in the sky above the 'shaders outpost thread'
BTW, the Magma Racing Team textures are really, really good, if you want, we'll have a go at shaderify them so they look all hot & molten.

Right, I think i've got the cocktail glass advert in it's original state with and without the glows applied the the various element so that shouldn't be too hard to sort out, maybe in a few days if that's ok, i want to get the viper done first before i forget what i'm doing with the shaders
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Hi Griff - good to see it's not too much of RL getting in the way - as long as it's Oolite related! :)

Cor! Shaderfied Magma Racing - now that would be cool - I'm afriad for the mamba and the krait I didn't keep the Lava detailing as separate layers :roll: I only thought of that when I thought "This would be really good to put shaders on" when I got to the sidewinder (I even downloaded the Vector to see how it was done there as well as the new Griff Cobra).

So please feel free to work your magic! :D

Glad you liked the Griffsignal - the more I play - the more I can do and the more I can do the more I like (GIMP) and the more I want to play.

I thought you'd have the cocktail glass in it's raw state - look forward to seeing the newly shadered Viper and the roof billboard (and of course the Griffified Magma racing) [note: I have the magma racing logo and the no.72 plus the sidewinder engine and lava patterns as serparate files if you'd like them]

Cheers

DH
Selezen wrote:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

The Viper wasn't being displayed when I first typed my reply - so all I can say now is "Yeeeeee-haaaaawwww!" :shock: :D
Selezen wrote:
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

it's no problem that you've flattened your original texture for the magma team D_H, it should be fairly easy to get the masks for the glowy areas with a bit of tinkering with the brightness/contrast sliders, i'll have a go at that once the viper (and it's follow on stream of shader errors bug reports :) ) are out the way
edit: no it wasn't there when i first typed out the message, then i decided to show off a bit and added it in :D I've still got a bit of work to do on it still - the reflection at the moment is just a series of grey squares - if you squint you can see them most clearly in the shadowed side of the ship, that idea comes from the image another_commander posted a while back showing the terminator2 liquid metal shader he came up with on the ahruman-cube, i'm like a magpie for shiny stuff! when you rotate the ship it looks like it's got a mirrored surface! looks fab, i thought the police would have really, really shiny ships - they spend all the money they make from kickbacks & fines on turtle wax for their ships!
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Masterful as ever Griff, make sure you finish the set before some games company picks you up :wink:

@DaddyHoggy, I like the sound of the glowy "Mag-maa" racer, cooool!
On the issue of the models being updated I don't see why the racing versions wouldn't be smaller, lighter and smoother looking than their commercial counterparts anyways. Perhaps they could have their own updated models that draw from the same texture layout, that way you don't have to draw them all again.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Ark wrote:
I am hoping that those 2 updates will bring a new motivation to the contributors of this lovely oxp because from now on they will have the opportunity to see their artwork not only on the terrascreens but on a constore. Moreover the new oohaul will give to all the players of this lovely game the necessary motivation to visit the constores especially in combination with upcoming planetfall addone.
Just to update, the Oohaul add-on for Planetfall is now just about ready. I'm just awaiting Ark's views on it (when he comes back from his break) and if all's to his liking then we'll release that too :)