Tianve pulsar station - turret problem?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Tianve pulsar station - turret problem?

Post by Screet »

Hi,

since I've just had to pass through that area, I thought I should visit the pulsar. Bad idea...two Caduceus lost when I tried to dock at the station there. Instant death, just as with the fuel station - did I have bad luck or is that station also blowing up every turreted ship like those fuel stations?

Screet
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Tianve pulsar station - turret problem?

Post by ClymAngus »

Screet wrote:
Hi,

since I've just had to pass through that area, I thought I should visit the pulsar. Bad idea...two Caduceus lost when I tried to dock at the station there. Instant death, just as with the fuel station - did I have bad luck or is that station also blowing up every turreted ship like those fuel stations?

Screet
Did you try an auto dock? Or was this just manual?
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Tianve pulsar station - turret problem?

Post by Screet »

ClymAngus wrote:
Did you try an auto dock? Or was this just manual?
Manual approach, as usual when shift-d doesn't work, I feel more safe that way. The approach was perfect, really...and even if not, it would have done clank-clank with little damage, not instantly destroyed me...and it did happen two times!

However, reading your reply, I just gave the DC a try. It did align with the docking slit vertically! Then it works, even manually. Thus, it appears that the stations docking bay has the wrong orientation, as was the case with that behemoth...

Screet
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Nice to know not everything is my fault. I'm seriously considering renaming that ship the TurretTurkey.

I don't know you try and give people a bit of kick ass and it goes and blows up every 5 seconds. Typical.