RE: becoming an offender

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

sukubus
Average
Average

RE: becoming an offender

Post by sukubus »

hi all i have a problem that is driving me nuts :x . i keep becoming an offender and i was only attacking offenders or fugitives this has happened numerous times now so i thought right im not going to attack anyone now and went to carry out the reserve navy mission of defending system against the thargoids.all i killed was thargoids and when that was done the police started shooting me 'cause yes you guessed it i was an offender again. can anyone please help with this as i just don't know what to do to sort it out.
sukubus
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: RE: becoming an offender

Post by Screet »

sukubus wrote:
hi all i have a problem that is driving me nuts :x . i keep becoming an offender and i was only attacking offenders or fugitives this has happened numerous times now so i thought right im not going to attack anyone now and went to carry out the reserve navy mission of defending system against the thargoids.all i killed was thargoids and when that was done the police started shooting me 'cause yes you guessed it i was an offender again. can anyone please help with this as i just don't know what to do to sort it out.
If it's not about launching with cargo like narcotics from a system station, I could imagine that you did accidentally hit the wrong ship. This is much easier if you fly a ship with turrets and the turrets miss the target but hit a nearby larger ship. That happened to me while flying the GriffBoa, however, it was rare and never happened during all the time that I fly a Caduceus.

Screet
sukubus
Average
Average

re: :hitting wrong ship

Post by sukubus »

hi thanks for your reply. i am flying a cobra mk3 and using my military lasers, because it happped about 5 times i have been extra careful i even made my hubby sit and watch my thargoid mission and he said i only killed the thargoids.
sukubus
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: re: :hitting wrong ship

Post by Kaks »

sukubus wrote:
i even made my hubby sit and watch my thargoid mission and he said i only killed the thargoids.
Bless! :D
Apart from the chained hubby imagery, (sorry, couldn't help it! :) ) you can still become an offender by simply hitting other ships, you definitely don't have to kill them. You could also become an offender if you're defending yourself against another ship that's rated clean (a beginner pirate maybe?) and the police shows up at precisely the wrong moment, so they see you hit them first, even though the other ship was the aggressor...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Kaks wrote:
Apart from the chained hubby imagery,
*giggle* At school, when elite was new, I had some fun with a friend while playing this game: one flight his, one flight mine...and discuss the things that happened while flying.

When we got used to the game, we were flying on our own, but still didn't stop discussing the game every day at school.

Screet
sukubus
Average
Average

Post by sukubus »

Bless! Very Happy
Apart from the chained hubby imagery, (sorry, couldn't help it! Smile )

lol its is a good job he loves the game as much as me. thanks for your help and at least you guys arn't laughin at me thats all i'm gettin off my hubb lol i threatened to swap his save file when hes asleep if he doesn't pack in as he wants elite status before me and hes ahead of me at the moment lol. thanks again
sukubus
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

No problem. Let us know how it goes! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Screet wrote:
*giggle* At school, when elite was new, I had some fun with a friend while playing this game: one flight his, one flight mine...and discuss the things that happened while flying.
Ahh, that reminds me of two-player Escape Velocity (I’m such a young one). We’d take turns operating flight controls and weapons.
Last edited by JensAyton on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Ahruman wrote:
Screet wrote:
Ahh, that reminds me of two-player EscapeVelocity (I’m such a young one). We’d take turns operating flight controls and weapons.
Not like the great Ahruman to have a cocked-up bracket induced URL link... :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I didn’t do it nobody saw me you can’t prove anything.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Ahruman wrote:
I didn’t do it nobody saw me you can’t prove anything.
I did! Wanna bribe me to remove this? Release a 1.72.3 or such to fix the turret problem? ;)

Well...gonna go and build from trunk soon...it's just that my new dog keeps me away from playing or doing even more important things...

Screet