scanner needs a spanner?

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

dai
Poor
Poor

scanner needs a spanner?

Post by dai »

bloody crazy, my scanner doesn't show the space station - i've been flying around for an hour to no effect at all (a bit like me on the pull!)
dai
Poor
Poor

Post by dai »

great, when i was taking a slash and getting another drink i hit the bloody thing..
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: scanner needs a spanner?

Post by Screet »

dai wrote:
bloody crazy, my scanner doesn't show the space station - i've been flying around for an hour to no effect at all (a bit like me on the pull!)
Could it be that the space station still was out of scanner range (25km) and only your space compass could have shown it? If so...the compass only switches towards the station when you are pretty close to scanner range, unless you use the advanced version which can lock on to the nav buoy (if it's not destroyed) and thus show the path without any distance limitation.

When you are flying towards a planet or station and want to go away...it's always a risk. I typically hit the cloak to buy me some safe time, but it will switch off after time and there's always a collision possibility (asteroids!). That's why I always target a little aside from planet or station while on approach!

Screet
tomsk
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by tomsk »

dai wrote:
great, when i was taking a slash and getting another drink i hit the bloody thing..
The dangers of drinking and piloting a starship..... :twisted:

You should have gone for a 'P' to pause the game. :lol: