Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Realistic Shipyards - Performance tricks?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

confused.brit
Above Average
Above Average

Post by confused.brit »

Solved. Musta been the upgrade. new issue, but that's for a new thread.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: ...

Post by Svengali »

govert wrote:
Lestradae wrote:
1. You open the Realistic Shipyard`s shipdata.plist and search via search function after the name "SIRF".
2. You note the plist name: It´s at the beginning of the SIRF's shipdata.plist entry and says "<key>blablabla</key>".
3. Delete the entry following the "<key>blablabla</key>" until and including the final </dict> of the SIRF's ship entry.
Let me get this straight... Youre saying the following:
Replace each instance of the folllowing pattern:

Code: Select all

<key>SIRF [...] </key>
  <dict>
   [...]
  </dict>
with

Code: Select all

<key>SIRF [...] </key>
If the performance problem is not so big, try to disable the rotation of the wrecks. This helps a lot. For a short test fly to the SIRF and shoot the wrecks down and watch your FPS.
govert
Competent
Competent

Re: ...

Post by govert »

Svengali wrote:
If the performance problem is not so big, try to disable the rotation of the wrecks. This helps a lot. For a short test fly to the SIRF and shoot the wrecks down and watch your FPS.
Well, the performance problem is pretty severe, since I'm running on a 512 MB machine. I get a big lag when jumping to new systems.

Actually ALL that I require at the moment, is the multitude of ships, and the RS pricing model. The rest of the RS content I wouldn't mind removing at the moment.

FYI, apart from the long lag at system jumps, it is quite playable (subjective of course). However that is on linux, running twm as a window manager and nothing else in the background.