Possible solution to wiki problems

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DkryptX
Above Average
Above Average

Possible solution to wiki problems

Post by DkryptX »

Hey I mite have found a temporary solution to the wiki problems, I play a game called World of Warcarft :wink: anyway there is a commonly used site called wow wiki, I noticed the host they use is free, here is the link http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Wikia I don't know if it would work or not but just throwing it out there in case someone wants to mess with it.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Possible solution to wiki problems

Post by wackyman465 »

DkryptX wrote:
I play a game called World of Warcarft :wink:

SHUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
DkryptX
Above Average
Above Average

Post by DkryptX »

way to be an ass
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Possible solution to wiki problems

Post by Kaks »

DkryptX wrote:
I noticed the host they use is free, here is the link http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Wikia I don't know if it would work or not but just throwing it out there in case someone wants to mess with it.
Thanks for the heads up! AFAIK the whole wiki setup is handled by winston - who is extremely busy in RL at the moment - but he might be able to use this piece of information!
way to be an ass
wackyman probably roleplayed being a wow n00b there, but it's anybody's guess, really!

Cheers!
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

DkryptX wrote:
way to be an ass
Don't worry, do what the rest of us do with wackyman's outbursts. Just nod and smile and try not to make eye contact..... ;)

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

To the best of my knowledge, you sign away copyright to anything you put on Wikia.

But then again most of the material in Oolite is already under licenses that allow other to cut, paste and modify to their liking..

The good thing about Wikia is that it is really quite stable. They host large wikis on many, many popular (and obscure) games and TV series.

Best wishes,
Oscar
DkryptX
Above Average
Above Average

Post by DkryptX »

ovvldc wrote:
The good thing about Wikia is that it is really quite stable. They host large wikis on many, many popular (and obscure) games and TV series.
I noticed, that's why I posted it, I didn't hear anything about the copyright though