Missiles shoot down the ship launching the missiles

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Missiles shoot down the ship launching the missiles

Post by Screet »

WOW.

This was impressive.

I had some ship shoot some dozen missiles at me, I hit "0" twice...but the missiles don't go boom - they turn around and hit the ship which did launch them.

I am sure that this was caused by military missiles - I did expect that from their description anyway.

Shouldn't they have a safeguard to prevent to kill the launching ship? If not, then they should only be used by clean ships!

Screet
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Re: Missiles shoot down the ship launching the missiles

Post by Disembodied »

Screet wrote:
WOW.

This was impressive.

I had some ship shoot some dozen missiles at me, I hit "0" twice...but the missiles don't go boom - they turn around and hit the ship which did launch them.

I am sure that this was caused by military missiles - I did expect that from their description anyway.

Shouldn't they have a safeguard to prevent to kill the launching ship? If not, then they should only be used by clean ships!

Screet
Hmm... I like that, myself. Think of it as a Navy safeguard to prevent their missiles falling into the wrong hands – and a pirate who didn't look close enough at his new weapons to see that their Navy decals had been painted over. Far be it from me to point the finger at any specific fuzzy individuals around here with a reputation for making unusual deals, but it sounds like your pirate got the wrong end of a bad trade! :D
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Missiles shoot down the ship launching the missiles

Post by Screet »

Disembodied wrote:
Hmm... I like that, myself. Think of it as a Navy safeguard to prevent their missiles falling into the wrong hands – and a pirate who didn't look close enough at his new weapons to see that their Navy decals had been painted over. Far be it from me to point the finger at any specific fuzzy individuals around here with a reputation for making unusual deals, but it sounds like your pirate got the wrong end of a bad trade! :D
Hmmm. It's still strange, but it was an impressive scene ;) Thinking about it - you might be right. Considering how many military weapons have been offered to me in the past years (and I've got no interest into such things!) - it's either a wonder that there were no reports about people using machine guns or those people all were trying to find someone to arrest for owning such a weapon. I'm not sure which of these possibilities is more frightening.

Today there was a report that they not only want to control communications of adults, but that they explicitly want to control communications of childrens too, in order to prevent children from performing terror attacks. Probably I should wear my "Office of Homeland Security" shirt more often - it's subtitle is "fighting terrorism since 1492" and got two of the most popular geronimo pictures on it ;)

Screet
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

I hate that bloody shirt.... :evil:

I spent 5 years working for the damned Tribes. Before I started, I didn't know an Indian from a Hispanic. Now? Lets just say, I think I now qualify as a bigot :( . After working inside the Tribes for that long, these "Dependent Nations" need to learn the definition of "Military Conquerors" and "U.S. 1st Armored Cavalry".

Sorry. Touchy subject.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
Sorry. Touchy subject.
Really, wish you had a better experience. For my part, I like it because it shows the strange ways of the politicians. We have some here in germany where people claim he is becoming worse than the "Stasi"-ministery of the former "german democratic republic" - all in order to fight terrorism. We only had a little failed terror attack because of our politicians behaviour since then and none before! The Total Information Awareness idea of the US could as well have been his idea. They thought it to be a success to "preventive spoil a terror plot" when they read the goodbye-SMS of a girlfriend towards a muslim person and stopped the launching airplane he was one. Turned out they had nothing else than the observed SMS as evidence and did not find anything further.

I haven't had much native contact myself...there was only one running around with a medicine bag in another year for the computer science lectures here in Bremen and I had some contact several years ago with a Seminole - her brother went to the USAF in the hope to pilot a jet fighter. I'm afraid I my contact was more with the exceptions...

Screet