Loose the offender rating?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

lukosanthropos
Harmless
Harmless

Loose the offender rating?

Post by lukosanthropos »

I managed to get myself a nice tasty offender rating, now I can't go anywhere without the cops on my ass, how do i loose the rating?
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Loose the offender rating?

Post by Screet »

lukosanthropos wrote:
I managed to get myself a nice tasty offender rating, now I can't go anywhere without the cops on my ass, how do i loose the rating?
Hello and welcome to the board!

The "problem" can be solved pretty easily:
1) With every jump you make, the status drops
2) If you shoot up enough offenders and fugitives, part of the bounty will be traded for a reduction of your own bounty.
3) IIRC it's from "anarchies" oxp...a special way to get rid of such a flag instantly, but for a higher cost.
4) Buy a new ship ;)

I typically go with solution 2 as it's more fun than the others ;) Just jump to the nearest anarchy (less police, more troublemakers) and go a little bit bounty hunting. That also fills your cargo hold and thus gives you money instead of having to pay for removal.

When I did some assassins mission where I had to shoot down a ship defending the system against thargoids, I became fugitive. However, the Thargoids had a pretty high bounty. When I had fought my way back to the systems main station, I was already clean again!

About the cops: They will go after you, if you are the guy with highest bounty around...but if there's someone with higher offender or even fugitive status, they will go after that one.

Screet
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Screet wrote:
I typically go with solution 2 as it's more fun than the others ;) Just jump to the nearest anarchy (less police, more troublemakers) and go a little bit bounty hunting.

About the cops: They will go after you, if you are the guy with highest bounty around...but if there's someone with higher offender or even fugitive status, they will go after that one.
Solution 2 comes from Anarchie.oxp. it is not oolite native.

Cops in high governments are better equiped to spot offenders than in low governments. In anarchies offenders aren't spot at all. So when fugitive better act as one and hide in the low government regions.
tomsk
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by tomsk »

lukosanthropos wrote:
Shoot the cops, then you're no longer an Offender. :twisted:
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

tomsk wrote:
lukosanthropos wrote:
Shoot the cops, then you're no longer an Offender. :twisted:
i tried that, and trust me, it doesn't work, but it does stop them shooting at you, because there are none left to shoot at you
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It works perfectly, as long as being "Fugitive" is an acceptable way to not be an "Offender" :twisted:
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Or hit that top left key on your keyboard..
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

wackyman465 wrote:
Or hit that top left key on your keyboard..
...which doesn't work on all keyboards. For me, esc is the forth key one the second row ;)

Screet