Atreroid storm models texture wrap problem in 1.72

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Atreroid storm models texture wrap problem in 1.72

Post by Ark »

I have noticed that in 1.72 some of the asteroids inside the asteroid storm look very weird. Almost all of them have a strange line somewhere. Since this is an oxp that have been to a lot of changes and deferent versions I have checked all the previous versions of the oxp with the same results. It is not a matter of asteroid storm version. Then I load oolite 1.65 and check it again. Guess what!! The line that ruin the whole model do not appear in 1.65

Those screenshots are from the latest version of asteroid storm. This is a screenshot of the same asteroid from 1.72 and 1.65. The specific asteroid was selected because this line in the texture is more profoun.

Screenshot from 1.65

Screenshot from 1.72

I am almost sure that this was introduced in an SVN version between 1.70 and 1.71 and not between 1.71 and 1.72
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Atreroid storm models texture wrap problem in 1.72

Post by Eric Walch »

Ark wrote:
I am almost sure that this was introduced in an SVN version between 1.70 and 1.71 and not between 1.71 and 1.72
But not on every system. i have never seen it. I just looked very closely at that big asteroid. I couldn't find the band on my big rock from asteroid storm.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Atreroid storm models texture wrap problem in 1.72

Post by Ark »

Eric Walch wrote:
Ark wrote:
But not on every system. i have never seen it. I just looked very closely at that big asteroid. I couldn't find the band on my big rock from asteroid storm.
You mean that it is also platform releated or maybe hardware releated. I gets better and better :cry: I am working on a PC with an Nvidia 9600GT. Is there anybody with a PC that can see that or i am the only one? :?
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Win Vista x64
Nvidia 8800GTS

Seam IS present.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

We need more feedback from the rest of the community in order to determine to what systems (os, graphics card, wide screen resolution or not) the line appears.

Honestly I do not want to live with that. Charlie’s asteroids are such a nice addition to the oouniverse to be ruined like that. Unless someone is planning to upgrade them with normal maps in the feature :wink: