Ring pod warning

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

To come slightly back to topic, my work-in-progress update on this concept is now work-completed.

Details of Ring Racer OXP are here.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

I noticed that Oolite itself contains an AI with name: fttAI.plist This is an AI that any ship can use by using "setAITo: fttAI.plist" and that AI will fly the racepoints of ringpods.oxp in the right order. When finished it falls back on its old AI. I just tested it and everything in it seems to work.

Someone (Aegidian ?) must have put a lot of effort in it to get this far. Has anybody an idea if there exists an oxp that makes use of this racepoint code for NPC ships?
Alternative one could add such npc ships in ringpods itself. I now changed my ringpod code so the nearest trader or police takes this AI and start racing the rings.

On this testing I noticed that the rings are always spawned in a role of trader, even when trader is not one of its roles. So it must be deliberate that anything added with legacy "spawnShip:" gets a trader role. Probably to make it pirate victims. I currently have not seen pirates attacking the rings and my new 1.1.1 version resets the role to a not-trader one. Download-able by my previous link. Once the wiki is writeble again I'll do a proper upload.