Yikes - Top Ten!

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Yikes - Top Ten!

Post by DaddyHoggy »

It would seem that I've accidentally made it into the top ten of posters (not bad for an ooliter who had more than a year out!).

So, 1480+ posts, of which about 40 are ads - either for YAH or the Constores, 2 ship textures, 1 constore texture (old constore), 4 new constore textures, 4 good ideas (all in the last couple of months), 37 welcome to the forums-type message and about 100 spam assassinations that gives me a noise to usefulness ratio of only about 8:1.

Definitely quantity not quality - I'm practically a spam generator in my own right! :roll:

Scary thing to note is the rate at which the wackyman is screaming up the rankings - 1/3rd way up the first page already - c. 5 posts a day average - suddenly I feel like an old-timer!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Yikes - Top Ten!

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
It would seem that I've accidentally made it into the top ten of posters (not bad for an ooliter who had more than a year out!).

So, 1480+ posts, of which about 40 are ads - either for YAH or the Constores, 2 ship textures, 1 constore texture (old constore), 4 new constore textures, 4 good ideas (all in the last couple of months), 37 welcome to the forums-type message and about 100 spam assassinations that gives me a noise to usefulness ratio of only about 8:1.

Definitely quantity not quality - I'm practically a spam generator in my own right! :roll:

Scary thing to note is the rate at which the wackyman is screaming up the rankings - 1/3rd way up the first page already - c. 5 posts a day average - suddenly I feel like an old-timer!
Hehehe...

Wacky is a chatty little fellow, isn't he?

Anyway, congrads...I think. Here's a bottle of Reidquatian ale. :)
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Does that post count as post-count padding? Does this one? :P
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Cmd. Cheyd Vlos'Olplyn wrote:
Does that post count as post-count padding? Does this one? :P
Or this one? :wink: But I honestly think I am above post-count padding at this point. :P

Anyway, a warm welcome to DaddyHoggy in the top-ten ranks! :D

And also congrats to wackyman465, who seems to have overtaken me on the most-posts-per-day count completely unnoticed. :shock: The real deal, however, is to keep it up for a couple of years. 8)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

All hail DaddyHoggy! :P
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I'm deeply touched (in a completely legal and above board sense :wink: ) by all the warm words Commanders.

@Cmdr W - thanks muchly for the bottle of Reidquatian ale - it'll go down lovely with some slow roasted Trumbles and Lavian Tree Grubs that I'm planning to have for my tea.
Selezen wrote:
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

You're welcome.

And once you've finished your Trumble BBQ, you'll find another surprise in your cockpit
(O.o) <proot> *shhhh, don't spoil the surprise*

and in your living quarters
(O.o) <proot>

and in your life support control system.
(O.o) <proot>

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
gogz69
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gogz69 »

Quantity not quality?

Noise to usefulness ratio of 8:1?

I disagree.

I'm sure (like others) find your words of appreciation and encouraging support to be useful.
You were the one who gave me the inspiration to make my first contribution to the boards.

Well done sir! :)

G.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Splendid - extra food supplies! I've modified my D Computers algorithms to plot a perfect "slow roast" arc around the sun of whatever system I'm in - after a few minutes all I have to do is follow my nose and scoop up a succulent and tender roasted Trumble - lovely with a dollop of dead-poet chutney on the side...

yum yum yum... :)

EDIT: Gogz slipped in a post while I was replying to Cap'n H! :roll: Thanks gogz - I'm just passing on the generosity shown to me when I first joined. Still working on that trumble ad - as I'm snowed in and "working from home" today I might try and get it finished when I break for lunch.
Selezen wrote: